five

Waking up the next morning was awkward. It seemed as if neither of them had gotten much sleep. Louis was sipping on a cup of coffee when Harry came downstairs. The omega didn't acknowledge the alpha. He had a few more words for the older lad but he figured he would save it. Harry poured himself a cup of coffee and sat on the other end of the couch.

"So-" Harry began but was quickly cut off by Louis.

"No, I'm sorry but I don't want to hear it. I know that's probably what you think I want, but I don't."

Louis sighed and took a long sip from his mug. Harry sat down on the coffee table, resting his arms on his knees as he looked to Louis.

"I don't understand what you want from me, Louis."

Louis ran his fingers through his hair, already getting frustrated with Harry.

"That's my point, Harry. The fact that you don't understand that what you're doing is wrong. I can't take it anymore, the lying, cheating, name calling. All of it. What makes you think that any of that is okay?"

Harry looked down, he knew that Louis was right. He didn't understand why he did it either, and he knew his behavior needed to change.

"I want you to unmate me. I don't want to do this anymore. I can't, you have drained me and I've got no fight left in me"

The unmating process was painful to both parties. There was a serum they would have to obtain and be injected with. Then they would have to stay apart until the mate mark left their bodies. Finally they would officially be unmated once the process was complete.

Harry didn't want to let Louis go though. He didn't want to unmate him. Despite everything that had happened, Harry didn't think that Louis would want to unmate him. Hearing those words come out of the omegas mouth made his stomach drop. It was something he had never expected.

"You what? No, Louis I can't, I'm not doing that."

Harry shook his head quickly, running his hands over his face in disbelief.

"Harry, I'm begging you. Please just do it. Why do you keep making me suffer?"

Tears started to fall down Louis' face. He couldn't believe that after all he had been through, it was finally coming down to this. He had tried so hard to make things work, but he couldn't do it anymore.

"And I'm begging you, Louis. Please let's just work things out. I'll change, I'll do anything."

Harry stood, starting to pace. He was getting worked up and needed to find a way to let it out without lashing out at Louis.

"Harry you can't just erase all the things you've done, I just can't forget that."

"Then don't, hold it against me. I don't care what you do, I just don't want to lose you Louis."

Harry breathed out, leaving Louis a bit speechless. He had never heard Harry talk like that, and it made him think that he was being genuine. That didn't mean that Louis was going to forgive him that easily. Harry would still have to work on himself if he wanted Louis' full trust again.

"Fine-" Louis started, taking a deep breath to calm down and wipe away his tears.

"I'm going away for a week. It will give us both time alone to figure things out and straighten up. It also gives you time to stop your cheating and time to show me you mean it when you say you don't want to lose me."

"A week? Lou, no that's too long." He shook his head in disagreement, looking over at Louis with a frown.

"That's the deal. Show me you can be faithful, show me that you want me."

Louis stood and went off to their room. The alpha followed close behind. Louis started to gather his things for the week as Harry sat down on the bed.

"Alright, fine. I can do that, I can go the week without talking to or seeing her."

Louis stopped midway through shoving clothes into his duffle.

"It's more than that Harry. I want you to cut her off completely. I want you to ban her from the pack, and then after you do that I want you to block and delete her number from your phone. I never want to see her around here again."

Harry blinked as he looked at Louis. He was trying to process what the omega just said. This was something that the normally sweet boy would never say. So Harry was a bit taken back.

"Deleting and blocking her, I can understand. But banning her? Isn't that a little harsh?"

Louis shook his head as he zipped up his bag, looking up at Harry as he did.

"Nope, I don't think so. What's harsh is that you're still making excuses for her. You're worried she'll ruin your reputation in the pack if word gets out about what you did. But you should've thought about it before you went off and cheated."

The alpha pressed his lips into a line. He couldn't argue with that, he knew Louis was right again. He sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"Alright, if getting rid of her will make you happy then that's what I'll do."

The omega smiled contently, if he knew threatening Harry would've worked so well. He would've done it ages ago. Things worked out well and he was happy they did. Louis patted the alphas shoulder and walked past him. His ride was here and waiting on him, he had called a friend before Harry had even woken up.

Before Louis could go out the door, Harry gently grabbed his arm and stopped him. "I won't let you down." Harry said, looking him straight in the eyes.

"Don't disappoint me, Harry. I really do believe we can make this work." And with that, Louis left. Leaving Harry alone at the door as he was driven off.

// an: thoughts??