Chapter 11

Dedicated to everyone who had asked for a sequel to 'The Cupid's Mistake' (I hope you have not removed the story from your library already🙊). No, writing a sequel is not possible at this moment but I had promised to write an extented epilogue and I did it finally. Also this chapter is meant for celebrating the 11K reads on this story. Thanks to everyone who gave this story a chance and those who have been showering love till date.

P.S- I ended this story three years ago. While writing this new finale, I realised that matching with my own writing style is becoming difficult. Yet, I tried my best and ended up writing a lonnnng epiloge of 5K words (long update alert). Wishing everyone a happy reading session this weekend.

P.P.S- There is a surprise at the end :p
____________________________________

Channa mereya
(2 months later)

Murshidabad, West Bengal

A humble and helpless Paaritosh Bhattacharya stole glance with his wife Shiuli Bhattacharya, as their only daughter Nivedita kept looking at them with contempt, anger and disappointment.

Shagun Ranawat and her two sons Ehan and Alan Ranawat were present in the same room itself. While Shagun and Alan exchanged embarrassed glances amongst themselves, Ehan seemed to be lost in his own world where Nivedita was actually happy to see him back and not shoot daggers at him as what she was doing right now.

Clearly this whole marriage proposal fiasco had been done against her knowledge. Else perhaps she wouldn't even have let the Ranawats' enter her house.

"Paaritosh ji, I think these children should talk amongst themselves for a while." Shagun Ranawat finally broke the death like silence persisting inside the room.

Paaritosh Bhattacharya was startled for a moment. Then he nodded hurriedly and replied with an awkward smile - "Yes, yes. I think so too." Then turning towards Nivedita he ordered- "Nive, go take Ehan to your room upstairs."

Nivedita shut her eyes close and took a deep breath as if calming down her paining nerves. Ehan was sure she was going to burst into flames after that. However, surprising him and everyone else present in the room, Nivedita spoke in her usual self- "My room is not sarbajanin, Baba. Sorry, but I can't take him there."

Her tone was soft, polite and sarcastic, just like a butter coated knife butchering raw flesh. Ehan couldn't help but snicker at the thought. His Nivedita was so wild and unmindful now. And though he could no longer match her with the older version he was in love with, he felt like this new version was also too good to be true.

"Sarbajanin?" Shagun Ranawat confused voice broke his chain of thoughts. "You mean communal?"

"No no, she was only joking." It was Shuili Bhattacharya this time, speaking in her daughter's defence. She was well aware that whatever her husband and she were doing was just going to trigger Nivedita to the point where she would end up creating havocs. Yet she took her chance and ordered Nivedita in a cold, stren voice- "Nive, take Ehan to your room. Go."

Nivedita rolled her eyes.

"Fine. Come." She muttered uninterestedly and got up to head towards the staircase.

                               **

Ehan took a long drag of air as he stood by a window in Nivedita's room.

The room was quite spacious and airy. It had a primitive architechure and the decor looked vintage in a beautiful way.  The red granite of the floor felt cool against his feet and the scent of some incense sticks filled his nostrils, suddenly making him feel at peace after a long, long time.