Chapter 3

Aap se milkar accha laga
(8 years ago)

"Even his classmate calls him Ehan bhai, whereas you... " Nivedita was blabbering innocently when she raised her eyes and stopped at the irked look on Kavya's face.

"Me what?" Kavya shot a glance at her, coaxing her eyebrows questioningly.

Nivedita gulped. "Umm.. nothing."

"You want to know why I don't call him 'bhai' or 'bhaiya'?"

"He is older than you.. He is our senior." She lowered her eyes back to her footwear again, considering it to be the safest way to converse with someone and yet not getting involved in it.

"He is my senior, but he is also a good friend." Kavya spoke as a matter of fact. "And you know what, after performing this intercollege drama competition together, I'm sure you too will get friends with him!"

"I don't want to get friends with him!!" Nivedita protested immediately, making Kavya gasp.

"But why?"

"He's intimidating." Came another of her immediate replies.

Kavya, however, took some time to absorb this information. Once done, she bobbed her neck and said- "yes, his voice is intimidating."

"But his eyes are kind."

"You saw his eyes?"

They are dark and beautiful, just like a puddle of melted chocolates.
Nivedita gulped again as she realised how difficult it was to put her thoughts into the right words. Tongue tied as she was, she rotated her tongue over her lips and sluttered- "umm.. woh...."

"You saw him looking at you, didn't you?"

Shit.

She squeezed her eyes and shook her head in denial.

"Nivi...." Kavya huffed at that. But for some reason, she recoiled back and said calmly- "Go to your rehersals. Wajid sir must be waiting for you."

Nivedita looked up and hummed.

"And be strong okay? Say your dialogues aloud and perform your acting with confidence."

"But the character is that of a 'delicate girl'!" Her brows cocked up in confusion.

Kavya just shrugged her shoulders casually. "Delicate girl? Yes. Delicatest girl? NO."

Unsure of that advice, Nivedita simply nodded her head.

"Bye then?" Kavya spoke again.

In its reply, Nivedita just waved her hand and smiled brightly as she turned towards the door to leave.

But before she could even cross the threshold, something happened to her. Precisedly, it was one of Kavya's advices and it was meant to be good, but she had no damn idea why blood rose to her cheeks upon hearing that advice.

....the advice was short and simple, in the form of a whatsapp message, and it read- "Beware of Ehan's gaze."

                                 •