Chapter 4

Stained
(Present day)

An hour of drinking beer and shedding tears continuously, had left Nivedita completely exhausted.

She was sitting upon the floor. Her back was supported against the edge of the bed, head tilted over her right shoulder and eyes shut tightly. She was scared that if opened her eyes for once she'd start hallucinating Ehan inside her room.

Just the way she had been hallucinating him in the dining lounge!!

Dressed in a crisp white shirt with rolled up sleeves and a charcoal grey tux trouser, she had seen him rushing inside the lounge to grab some food for himself. Now this had to be her hallucination for sure because the Ehan Ranawat she and the whole country knew, was definitely not this open and formal. He was always stern, hell reserved, spoke only when necessary and hid his emotions as if they didn't exist at all.
He had been doing that for the past 7 years, thus earning the title Ehan Robotic Ranawat for himself!

Indian media had given this title to the not-so-favourite business tycoon of the country, 7 years ago. Ehan too managed to live upto that name till date, a persistence definitely worth awwing. Or atleast Nivedita was in awe with that. Ever since Ehan Ranawat started making public appearances in journals and tabloids, she had been fangirling over him. The way he spoke and treated people, was always a huge inspiration for her. It was all because Ehan was greatly sarcastic and no one really dared to mess up with him. And even then he had the aura around him which attracted people like moth to flames. Intimidating he was, undoubtedly, and at the same time he was severely intoxicating too!

But this didn't mean that Nivedita still loved him like crazy! No, admiring someone is totally different than being in love with that same person... Nivedita was very clear about, right from the begining, and perhaps that was how she could focus upon her career so well to make it achieve greater heights! Being a woman of 26, she now knew about her priorities in life and worked her best so that her teenage hormones and emotions didn't mess with those priorities anymore.

But if things were really so clear then why did she still had that bloody heartache? And those hallucinations, how could she still have them even after 7 years of her seperation with Ehan? Clearly he still had his hold upon her, realizing which, she clutched her knees and broke down into tears.

Her tears were warm and blinding. They rushed down her cheeks in torrents and got diminished into the fabric of her pant, the region where her face was burried deep. For once she had raised her head and wiped her eyes with her folded sleeves. But before she could do that again, she found her body aligning towards the floor and darkness engulping her completely.

                                 •

A painful lash of the cold winter air, woke up Nivedita.

She blinked her eyes to open them, adjusting herself to the pitch darkness of her room. For a moment she couldn't understand if the room was really dark or if she was still dizzy. But then her gaze fell upon the thin ray light coming from the open windows and she immediately remembered how she had forgotten to switch on the lights or close the window panes, ealier in the afternoon.

As a matter of fact, she also remembered that there were some faint sounds outside her door, just the moment before she fainted. Those sounds depicted emergency, she knew it now as far as what she could recall. But she couldn't really decide if she was supposed to enquire about it or not. 3-4 hours had already passed after the incident and she felt like even if there was an emergency, it didn't exist anymore. Someone or the other must had solved it by now. Besides that, she was 'The Nivedita Bhattacharya'. Involving herself in petty matters like this, didn't suit her at all!!!