Chapter 1

Ek ladki ko dekha toh aisa laga
(8 years ago)

"What the fuck man! I asked you to do just one fucking thing and you couldn't even fucking do that properly!! Are you like fucking kidding me or what?" Ehan growled at the nerd of his classmate who stood infront of him speechless, with head bowed down and eyes desperately trying to stop the incoming tears.

"Answer me dammit!" He shouted again when he failed to get any response from the shivering boy.

"Language Ehan." A deep, threatning voice spoke to him instead. It belonged to Wajid sir, the young, talented drama teacher of Savitri Devi College, who had taken the charge of intercollege drama competition this year. Ehan knew that this warning was coming on his way. But then this was the best he could behave. Atleast he wasn't using the grossest kind of slangs like 'bhenchod' and 'madarchod' and he should have been well considered for that!

Squeezing his eyes and justifying himself for the nth time, he muttered to himself- language Ehan, and turned back towards Wajid sir to fake a polite smile at him.

Wajid sir smiled back too, just as articificially as him and asked the other boy- "Ab batao, didn't you find a single girl in the whole auditorium who is capable of acting properly?"

The boy was just about to shake his head in negative when Ehan grumbled again- "Chu..."

"EHAN!"

Chutiya saala!

"But how is that possible? Even last year there were so many girls who helped us get the first prize  in this drama competition... Where are those girls now?" Sir asked once he was done rolling eyes at Ehan.

Ehan huffed at this. "Sorry bhai, my mistake. Mujhe hi tujhe audition lene ke liye bhejhna nahi chahiya tha!!" He said to his classmate, almost bursting with rage yet having his hands folded before him, a gesture that made the boy more teary than ever.

He quickly wipped his eyes with  his right elbow and answered to Ehan- "I tried my best Ehan bhai.. but those girls... those Delhi girls are just too hard for such a delicate character!!"

"Acha? Delhi girls are the hardest??" Ehan suppressed his anger beneath his sarcastic chuckle. "So where do you think we'll get a soft girl from? Should we search on shadi.com or ask the idol makers of Chittaranjan Park about it?"

"Neither of them." A fourth voice walked in through the door chirping merrily-  "I have got someone who can solve all your problems."

Ehan turned his neck to see the curly haired girl standing behind him. Kavya Sehgal it was, a junior to Ehan but one of the most important members of the Ehan Ranawat friends club.

"Kabu?" Ehan's eyes sparkled up at the positive glee on Kavya's face.

But before Kavya could say anything in return, Wajid sir interrupted- "Kavya Sehgal, right?"

"Good morning sir." Kavya bowed a little and flickered her eyelids innocently. "Sir, you know me?"

"Ofcourse. You being a member of the Ehan Ranawat friends club, how can I not know you Kavya?!" He smiled as he replied.

Kavya nodded at that and smiled back- "Yeah, sure."

"Besides that, I see you loitering near the canteen throughout the day!" Wajid sir added further.