32. Awoken

-Jaden-

-Jaden-

I sat in silence in my seat – like I had any other fucking choice – but turned to look at Oliver when I felt his... I was bad at naming feelings, but something made him uneasy. He looked back at me like he had felt my gaze on him, looking worried.

I frowned.

"It's... Cedric..." Oliver mumbled so only I could hear him. I waited for him to continue, which he did hesitantly. "He thinks he's the reason Cameron... You know..."

The reason Cameron turned into a homicidal maniac?

"Yeah... But he left again. I don't think he's ready to tell me what happened between them," Oliver said and sighed, turning to look at my father, who was giving orders to his men. "It's nothing good, that's for sure..."

I let out a deep sigh as well. Things really turned to shit really fast. I had the feeling we could trust the peacekeepers, but I still didn't know what to think. I glanced at Ben, and then back at Oliver.

"What?" he asked and looked at Ben as well.

I snorted.

"Yes, yes," Oliver muttered and let out a short chuckle. "You were right about Ben. No need to rub it in."

I really wished I had my voice, so I could've said I told you so. Part of me wasn't even surprised that Ben turned out to be the incredible peacekeeper. I just... Knew it. Just like I knew we were under attack this morning... Which kind of scared me, to be honest. I just... knew.

I closed my eyes and took in a few deep breaths. Only Arch should've been able to sense danger, but maybe Fenrir was right. Maybe I'd felt Hades' power close by. His helmet or whatever. The artifact Cameron had used to hide from Oliver and the other Spirit Walkers. I usually didn't feel danger like that, after all. But why now? Cameron had been among us for days.

So why now?

"Why didn't they attack us?" Ezra spoke across the table, gaining my attention.

I knew why. Why did I know that? But I did!

"Jaden knows," Oliver said, and all eyes were on me.

I turned to glare at him.

"He'd like a pen and paper," Oliver said, giving me an apologetic grin.

I closed my eyes in frustration.

"How do you know that?" Dad asked me as he walked around the table to get to me.

When Cameron possessed me, I saw... something. I saw glimpses of what he'd seen. I saw him... I saw his shadowy finger touching something invisible...

"And there is another thing I want you to get for me once you're done spying around... Hades' puppy has new toys. Raoul failed to get the Vision, but for now, I'll gladly settle with the Howl. But these wards..."