47. Darkness

-Oliver-

-Oliver-

When the second Oliver screeched, readying his abilities, I could only stare at him. My fear had frozen me completely as I watched him getting ready to kill us. That one second felt like an eternity. I had only one thought in my mind.

This was our end, and I could do nothing to protect us.

How could we fight against this... this monstrosity? I could feel his spirit. My spirit. He was exactly like me, but pure evil. He was the corrupted side of my spirit, the one who harbored all my hate, pain, and anger. The side of me that didn't care if this world burned.

Hell, he was the side that wanted to be the one who burned this world.

He lifted his hand with a crazy smile on his lips. On my lips. I felt him gathering his power in order to destroy us in a single blow. It didn't even take a second for him to collect enough power to do so, while I was still completely frozen in fear.

It was too late.

"No!" Jaden shouted, trying to shield me when my double attacked.

Jaden...

I couldn't say it was me who moved my body. I didn't even realize I had moved my hand, not until something bright flashed at the same exact moment when the evil Oliver tried to blast us off this world with his darkness.

I still stared at him in confusion as he squirmed in pain after my attack had caught him off guard. How did I do that...? The enemy said I couldn't use my abilities here...

I looked up at the real enemy who had created this monster that was my other half. He stood in the middle of the stairs, staring at me in disbelief.

"What did you do?! You can't use your powers here!" he shouted in anger, taking a step back toward us, but the evil Oliver suddenly screamed in rage, about to unleash his full power on all of us.

'OLIVER! GET UP AND FIGHT HIM!'

I didn't waste another heartbeat when I heard that almost panicky voice in my head. I turned into a spirit, launched another attack against the dark Oliver to force him to back off, then hurried up on my feet while my friends turned into wolves.

'Finally! Don't scare me like that!'

Hades! I could finally feel him at the back of my mind, fuming at me for freezing like that. And he was not the only one angry. I couldn't believe I'd just sat there, waiting for him to kill us!

'Nice try,' I told dark Oliver and attacked him again.

He was ready this time and easily defended himself against my blast.

'So you found your balls, huh?' he spoke, and the familiar sound of my own voice sent horrible shivers down my spine. 'You have no strength without me.'