Chapter 1

BUCKY saw Natasha walking around the avengers compound, and he decided to talk to her.

Bucky greeted, "Hi, Natasha."

Natasha raised an eyebrow. They had fought each other before, so she had a reason to be wary. She gave him a small smile.

"Hi," Natasha greeted back.

Bucky noticed her suspicions and immediately explained, "I'd just like to say that I think your fighting abilities are really good, and I'm sorry for hurting you."

Nodding, Natasha thanked him and told him it was no big deal. They stood there in awkward silence for a while, nobody knowing what to say. Suddenly, Bruce appeared.

"Hey, Nat," Bruce said while looking at his papers, "Could you come with me for a second? I need some help with some coding stuff."

Bruce turned to look at Bucky, whose face had stiffened. Bruce smiled and waved to him. Bucky ignored him and looked at Natasha. Natasha agreed and she and Bruce went to the lab together. Jealousy rose inside Bucky, but he had no idea why. Did he like Natasha? Natasha Romanoff? Natalia Alianova Romanova??? How? Of course, she was intelligent.. and beautiful-no, gorgeous. And, she could fight well. Plus, she-

Bucky shook the thoughts out of his head and walked back to his room. For the rest of the day, he stayed in his room, overthinking. He had never felt this way before. Jealousy was something new to him.

"Bucky, are you going to join us for dinner?" Steve asked while knocking on Bucky's door. Bucky jumped at the sudden noise, and grunted.

"Yep, thanks, Steve," replied Bucky.

Steve nodded and walked to the dining room. Bucky slowly got up, and headed to the dining room. He saw Natasha and Bruce chuckling about something, and his eyes glowed with fury. Wanting to make himself noticed, he swing his metal arm around to adjust it. Everybody turned to look at him, including Natasha and Bruce. He rolled his eyes and marched to his seat, clenching his jaw fiercely. He used his knife to saw his way through the tough steak, and started gobbling down his food. Natasha gulped. What was going on with him?

The whole night, Bruce and Natasha kept talking and Natasha kept giggling. With every giggle, Bucky grew angrier. He could not take it anymore. He wolfed down his food and stormed off. He did not even say goodnight to Steve.

"Goodn-." Steve was interrupted by Bucky slamming the door. He felt hurt, but shrugged it off.

"Anybody else notice Bucky's weird behaviour today?" Natasha asked, looking at the door to make sure he was not present.

Everybody else agreed with her, but she just went on with eating and did not think much of it.

Bucky had a hard time sleeping that night. He kept having nightmares and dreams. They were not the usual ones about hydra. They were about Natasha.

Nightmare 1
"Man, you think she'll ever like you? She's like, the best woman alive. You're nothing but a mind controlled grandpa!" Bruce mocked Bucky.

Bucky threatened, "Shut up before I punch you with my metal arm."

"As if," scoffed Bruce.

Bucky forcefully punched Bruce in the face with his metal arm, knocking him out and making him bleed profusely. Natasha rushed to the scene and slapped Bucky.

Dream 1

Natasha admitted, "Bucky, I like you."

"I like you too."