Chapter 8

Hi everybody! Before I begin, I would like to say: Thank you so much for 60 reads! I really appreciate it.

Beginning of Chapter 8

ENDGAME

"We can get them back?" Natasha sat up in her seat, eyes furrowed as she stared at Scott. Scott nodded incessantly and pushed back the lump in his throat.

"I'm not joking! Not this time!" He proudly declared. Steve and Natasha looked at each other and raised an eyebrow, then shrugged.

Natasha desperately wanted what Scott had said to be true, but she did not want to get her hopes up. Once Scott explained everything to them in the weirdest manner ever, Natasha's heart skipped a beat. Could they really get Bucky and everybody else back? She was immensely happy that there was a glimmer of hope.

"Scott," Natasha said in a serious tone, "Are you sure this will work?"

Scott replied, "I mean, it's not certain, but I just went through all that! It can't all be fake, right?"

Natasha nodded and they found Bruce, then went to re-recruit Tony. He was as grumpy as ever. They failed, then they went to try out the time travel thing, and obviously, it did not work. Tony came to his senses after looking at a picture of Peter and helped them.

"See you in a minute," Natasha said to Steve, grinned. Little did they know...

"I need to do this, for Bucky, Clint, please," Natasha begged. Clint shook his head and ran towards the cliff, but Natasha grabbed a hold of him using her tools and they hung off the cliff together. Clint was attached to a harness Natasha put on him.

He shook his head and she said in the most heart wrenching tone ever, "Let me go. It's okay."

She fell and died for her family, for her fallen avengers and mostly for Bucky, the love of her life.

FINAL BATTLE

Bucky came back with Doctor Strange, whom he calls the weirdo, and as he was fighting, he asked, "Where's Nat? I bet she misses me a lot."

The avengers did not stop fighting, but their hearts started to break. If they had gone through such sorrow after her death, what would Bucky feel? Nobody wanted to be the bearer of bad news. He noticed their silence and pulled Steve to the side away from the battle.

"Where's Nat?" Bucky asked in a firm voice. Steve kept opening his mouth to say something then closing it again, then he gulped an sighed. Steve shed a tear and gasped for air.

"Buck," Steve paused. "I'll tell you after the battle."

Bucky's face stiffened as he glared at Steve. "Where's Nat?!"

Steve shook his head and whimpered a little, then blurted out, "She's not with us anymore."

"What do you mean?!" Bucky shouted.

"N-Nat," Steve managed to stutter, "Is dead."

Bucky's eyes widened. His heart started to pound uncontrollably. No way. Natasha could never die! No!

"Nice joke, but really, come on, where's Nat?" Bucky laughed. After laughing for a few minutes and realising Steve was not laughing with him, he shook his head.

"You're joking, aren't you?" Bucky gulped. Steve looked down and shook his head.

"Who killed her?" Bucky asked, still in disbelief.

Steve confessed, "She sacrificed herself for the soul stone."

Bucky's chest tightened and he started to have a panic attack.

"No! She-She promised! I told her to keep the promise!" Bucky cried out in anger. His eyes welled up with tears and he looked at the diamond ring on his finger. It was so new he could see his reflection in it. A tear dropped on the diamond, and he started crying waterfalls. Steve hugged Bucky, feeling immensely sorry for him.