Chapter 2

HUMMING, Natasha chose to wear a black singlet with leggings. She whipped out her phone, like she always did in the mornings, and checked her messages. She was not addicted to her phone or anything, but as an avenger, she needed to be active to make sure the world was not in flames. It was not anything out of the ordinary when she saw Tony's name in bold. She always got messages from him about missions, or how amazing he was. She opened the message and saw 'Mission today with Barnes. Meet outside in an hour.'

She felt her mouth curl into a slight smile, but she did not make a big deal out of it. She shrugged and replied with 'Noted'. She grunted as she realised she had to change into her suit. It was not the most comfortable thing in the world. Many people thought her suit would be super comfortable, but that was false news. It was pretty itchy and tight.

When Bucky got the message from Tony, he jumped and his heart started beating uncontrollably. His eyes lit up, twinkling with delight. He changed into fighting wear and took his guns with him. This was by far the mission he was most excited about. He restrained himself from going too early, but could not take it after forty minutes of waiting.

Surprisingly, Natasha was already there. He thought, was she waiting for him? No, she probably just liked being early for everything. He waved to her with a friendly smile, and she looked around, making sure he was not waving to anybody else. She pushed back the lump in her throat and waved back. He sat down on a bench next to her, feeling extremely nervous.

"Slept well?" Bucky asked with concern flowing through him. Natasha silently nodded and pursed her lips together.

"You?" She asked, trying to make the conversation not too awkward.

Bucky realised that asking her if she slept well was a horrible idea, since she would have obviously returned the question. What was he to tell her now? He had been dreaming of her?

"Uh-No-I get nightmares," Bucky managed to stutter, saving himself from embarrassment.

Natasha frowned. "Nightmares? About what?"

Bucky replied, "Well, usually, they're about hydra."

Gasping a little, Natasha lightly patted Bucky's shoulder, trying to comfort him. She told him that she got nightmares about the red room too, and that she despised them a lot.

He gulped and said, "You can text me anytime. You know, in case you get nightmares that are very... disturbing."

Natasha giggled softly and replied, "Thanks, you too."

Natasha was not her usual sassy self because she felt safe with Bucky. Like she didn't need to pretend to be this strong badass woman. Of course, she was a strong badass woman, but sometimes, she wished she could show her soft side. Bucky helped her do that without knowing it.

"I'm sorry, I just have to ask," said Bucky, "Would you like to go out on a date with me tonight?"

Eyes widening, Natasha felt her thoughts in a whirlwind, spinning out of control. A date? One side of her was telling her that he was trouble, and the other side was screaming for her to say yes.

She smiled and blurted out, "I would love to."

"I'll pick you up from your room at 7," Bucky replied happily.

This made Bucky skip with joy inside, but he tried not to show it.

"It's a date, then!" He exclaimed gleefully. Natasha bit her bottom lip and smiled brightly.

A few minutes of talking later, Tony appeared.

"You two will be going to take down these uh-bad guys," Tony said while looking at the air, as if anticipating for an alien to appear, "Have fun!"

Suddenly, a helicopter landed in front of them, and Tony gestured to them to enter the helicopter.