Chapter 4

FRUSTRATED that she had nothing to wear for her date, Natasha plopped herself on her bed and touched her forehead with her hand. Why was she thinking so much about this? Bucky was just a friend. Right? She grunted and stood back up, trying to find a pretty dress. She had not gone on a date in forever, and it was not like she intended to until Bucky asked her. She tried to convince herself she was only doing it because she did not want to hurt Bucky's feelings, but she knew she was lying to herself. The only kind of dresses she had were the party type she wore to drink near the bars. A thought crossed her mind and she looked under her closet. She saw a black duffel bag that looked light. Just what she was looking for. She reached for it and smiled to herself.

Bucky decided that he was going to wear a black suit. They were going to a fancy restaurant, and he wanted to look good. When he realised how much he was thinking about this, another realisation hit him. He liked Natasha Romanoff. He gasped and sat down on his armchair, wondering about what to do next. A alarm went off. He jumped. Oh, it was just the timer he set for 630pm. He liked being prepared.

At 650pm, there was a knock at Natasha's door. She smirked and opened the door. The moment Bucky saw her, his eyes widened. She looked flawless. She was wearing a red dress, looking ladylike but with her own twist. She looked absolutely beautiful in the dress. The dress looked like:

"Okay," said Bucky, "Nobody allowed you to look that amazing

"Okay," said Bucky, "Nobody allowed you to look that amazing."

Natasha smiled and rolled her eyes. "I do what I want without people allowing it, thank you very much," She retorted.

"Back to your old self, I see," Bucky laughed.

Natasha looked at Bucky's stunning suit and she replied, "You don't look half bad."

He was wearing:

Bucky blushed at the compliment-it was a compliment since it was from Nat, as she never complimented anybody

Bucky blushed at the compliment-it was a compliment since it was from Nat, as she never complimented anybody. They were about to leave for the restaurant, when they bumped into Tony. He looked from Natasha to Bucky, then his eyebrows furrowed.

"Where are you guys going?" Tony asked suspiciously.

"Uhhh..." Bucky looked at Natasha, who looked back to him.

"We're going on a date," stated Natasha confidently. This made Bucky smile brightly. She did not want to hide.

Tony's eyebrows flew up. Natasha and Bucky? What?? He started laughing, thinking that they were playing a prank on him. When he realised they were not laughing with him, he stopped and his jaw dropped to the ground.

"No...." Tony pointed to them. "It can't be! How-HAHAHAHA Bucky has a crush on Nat!!"

Natasha rolled her eyes and sighed in exhaustion.

"If you'll excuse us," Natasha grabbed Bucky's hand and pulled him outside.

Bucky was immensely happy that she grabbed his hand, but then he noticed Natasha's anger and grabbed her by the shoulders while they were brisk walking.

"What?" Natasha retorted.

"You don't want to trip in your high heels," replied Bucky.

Natasha looked down at her high heels and nodded.

"Anything else?" Natasha asked.

Bucky gulped and said, "Don't be mad at Tony, he's just a little.. arrogant and has low EQ."

"Tell me about it," scoffed Natasha.

"Let's just," Bucky suggested, "Have a fun night at the fancy restaurant we're going to."

Natasha smiled and agreed. Bucky brought out the best in her. They hopped into their limousine and left for the restaurant.

About two hours later, they finished their scrumptious food and wonderful conversation.

"Shall we call it a night? Or..." Bucky paused.

"Or?" Natasha asked.

"We could go somewhere else," Bucky added, looking out the glass window.

"Like?" Natasha raised an eyebrow.

"I know, come with me," Bucky exclaimed.

Bucky paid for the bill. Natasha had insisted to pay for it, but he used that opportunity to say 'Next time.' to confirm a second date. This did not go unnoticed by Natasha, but she kept quiet. He held her hand and led her outside. They headed towards a store that had LED lights in the front saying 'OPEN'. Curiosity coursed through Natasha's veins as he pulled her into the mysterious shop.

Turns out, it was an arcade. Thought it may sound boring, they had an amazing night just wandering the streets after having a spectacular time at the arcade. The sky was light blue when they got back into the limousine, and they felt happiness glowing inside themselves. Bucky looked at Natasha, and since he was half drunk, he kissed her cherry lips. They did not kiss with tongue, but instead it was a gentle, sweet kiss. Very unexpected from two Russian assassins. When they got back to the avengers compound, it was daybreak. They tried to sneak in, but the avengers were already waiting for them.

"Looks like Tony couldn't keep his mouth shut," Bucky grunted.