Chapter 11

Red Skull said to Bucky, "James Buchanan Barnes, Son of George Barnes."

Bucky frowned. "You again."

"Ah, yes," Red skull tilted his head. "If you're here to seek the soul stone, I-."

Bucky cut him off, "No, I'm here to return it."

Red skull narrowed his eyes and asked, "You have the stone?"

Bucky nodded and gestured to his briefcase. Red skull raised an eyebrow.

"Any idea if I can get a soul back for a soul?" Bucky questioned.

"No, I'm sorry, that's not possible," Red Skull answered, smirking.

"What if I said I could help you escape from here? Then would you help me?"

"How would you go about helping me to escape?" Red Skull asked sceptically.

"Well," Bucky paused. "I can bring you back to my main timeline."

"All you need to do is drop the stone while thinking of the person you want to bring back," Red Skull instructed.

Bucky nodded and used a glove to hold the soul stone. He stared at it for a while, then threw it down, thinking hard about Natasha. Suddenly, a shock wave flashed in the dark sky, and Bucky was in a pool of water next to Natasha. Bucky turned to look at her and his mouth hung open.

"Natalia!" Bucky cried as he flung his arms around her. Natasha was in shock.

"Wha-What happened? Am I in heaven? Did-Did we win?" Natasha asked.

"Natalia," Bucky answered, still not letting go of Natasha, "We won. I came back to life and fought in the battle."

A smile was plastered on Natasha's face as she shed a tear, then jumped into his arms. He wrapped her in a tight embrace. They were like that for a while. Nobody could blame them.

White laces were hung everywhere, which was very unexpected as most people would think that Natasha and Bucky would have gotten a black and red themed wedding. However, they felt pure again when they were together. They felt... redeemed.

"I do," Bucky said.

"I do," Natasha said. Before they were pronounced husband and wife, they jumped into each other's arms and kissed passionately.

A year later

"Bucky," Natasha said, more serious than ever. "I-I want a child."

Bucky sat up. "I do, too."

"Adoption?" Natasha suggested. Bucky smiled and kissed her hair after stroking it. "Sure," He replied.

"So, what did you actually do to red skull?" Sam asked, staring at Bucky.

Bucky chuckled, "I killed him right then and there."