Chapter 3

BOTH of them were not new to helicopters, so they were not scared or anything. However, halfway through the journey, the helicopter suddenly jerked and since Natasha and Bucky were sitting side by side, Natasha leaned on Bucky. Their cheeks flushed at the same time as Natasha's hand involuntarily traveled to Bucky's. She sat upright and scooted away, avoiding the awkwardness.

"I'm not a Monster, you know," Bucky chuckled.

Natasha repeatedly opened her mouth to say something, then closed it, not knowing if he wanted her to move closer to him or stay where she was. She moved an inch closer to him and realised they had not been wearing seatbelts.

"Aren't we supposed to wear seatbelts?" Natasha asked, laughing inside.

Bucky smiled and realised she was right. They found seats near to each other and buckled their seatbelts. Bucky could not help but smell Natasha's shampoo scent. Apple and Lavender. How nice. He looked down at her red hair and wanted so desperately to stroke it. He stopped himself. However, Natasha looked up and realised he was staring at her.

"What are you staring at, creep?" Natasha teased sassily. She was back to her usual self. Bucky laughed.

"Your beautiful hair," replied Bucky.

What? Did he actually say that? Her heart did somersaults as she gulped and made eye contact with Bucky. Their faces moved nearer and nearer, until the helicopter stopped moving and started landing down. They returned back to reality and looked away as they unbuckled their seatbelts. They thanked the captain as they alighted, then they scanned the place. It was a city, and a building was in front of them. Sooner or later, they caught the people who were trying to bomb the place and returned them to the authorities in that area. The paparazzi was everywhere, trying to get shots of two of Earth's greatest heroes. Bucky was looking extremely uncomfortable, and Natasha noticed this immediately. She hesitated, but spoke.

"Look, I brought two pairs of sunglasses. Might help, but even if it doesn't, at least we can look weird and cool," said Natasha. Bucky looked at her, then she passed him a pair of sunglasses that looked identical to the pair she was wearing. He thanked her sincerely and put on the sunglasses. He absolutely hated the paparazzi. He hated being watched.

They made their way back to the helicopter and they were brought back home. Bucky tried to return the sunglasses to Natasha, but she refused and pushed it back to him, telling him it was his now.

"So, it's kind of like a friendship bracelet?" Bucky asked.

Natasha shrugged. In her head, she was saying 'Or a love token.' But she pushed away those thoughts as she had no idea where she was going with Bucky.

They arrived back home, and separated, going back to their own rooms. Bucky felt immensely joyful when he finished showering, knowing that he got a date with Natasha, and she had felt more comfortable around him. Natasha's brain was flooding with thoughts the whole time. Did she like him? If she did, why? Oh, well, that was an obvious one. He was chivalrous, kind, funny, hot and they understood each other.

They prepared for their date at 7, both of them anxious and excited.