7.

" Champagne?" The door man dressed in a suit holding a tray with glasses of champagne on it asked.

Prie made a pleased face looking at Grace before taking a glass. " Well don't mind if I do," She mumbled taking a sip.

" Thank you," Grace said sweetly taking one as well as she followed Prie into the party.

Dre had rented out the top floor of a high rise building downtown that was used to host parties and events. The inside was decorated casino themed and very elegant with large floor to ceiling windows that had beautiful views of downtown. Multiple gambling tables were set up with professional dealers and the space was filled with hood niggas in suits gambling.

" This is niceeee," Prie sang looking around with Grace following behind her looking around for a familiar face.

" Grace,"

Recognizing the voice Grace turned, her eyes settling on Joseph. It was at that moment that she realized the giddy feeling she got whenever she was around Joseph was turning into an attraction. His hair was in braids that hung around his face and his facial hair was groomed neatly. He wore a fitted, suede, black Armani suit with diamond baguette cuff links. Diamond chains adorned his neck that glistened under the lights with a matching bust down watch on his left wrist. Even his nails were perfectly manicured— far different from his usual sweat suit and timbs.

 Even his nails were perfectly manicured— far different from his usual sweat suit and timbs

" H-hi," She stuttered struggling to get the words out.

Butterflies began to ravage her stomach under Joseph's intense gaze. Joseph was far from Graces type, but there was something about him that made her feel like she was a crushing school girl again. Especially the way he acted so nonchalant and un-attracted to her while he was around which made her want him even more.

Girl logic

" Unt unt rudeness, I know you see me standing here," Prie said, shifting all her weight to one foot and placing her hand on her hip.

Joseph chuckled nodding towards Prie.

" What's up Prie,"

" Mm," She mumbled giving him a playful attitude while walking away.

Joseph turned his attention back to Grace raising his glass to his lips taking a sip of his drink. Feeling her cheeks heat up she just knew she was blushing. She quickly looked away.

" Where's Dre I'm going to tell him happy birthday," She blurted, walking off.

Joseph watched her walk away, letting out a little chuckle before going back to the poker table.

" Can I get everybody attention please?" Dre asked standing on a chair slightly buzzed. " I just want to thank everybody for coming to bring in my 26th birthday. All you niggas be talking cash money shit all year long now I got the professionals in this muthafucka I want y'all to put y'all money where y'all mouth is," He said earning a few laughs from his friends. " Enjoy them hors d'ouerves and drinks,"