14.

" How yo finals go?" Joseph asked as soon as FaceTime connected.

Grace smiled watching Joseph drive from the view where his phone rested in his lap.

" You remembered,"

He smacked his lips. " Duh you just told me yesterday,"

Grace exhaled loudly. " They went good I hope," She ran her fingers through her hair. " I'm just ready to graduate and be done with school,"

" What you want for graduation," He asked, looking down at his phone.

She giggled. " Nothing,"

He kissed his teeth. " Girl what you want,"

" Nothing I'm being for real!" She laughed walking to her car with a notebook clutched to her chest.

Grace had just took her exit exam for graduation and after weeks of vigorous studying she felt as if a huge weight had been lifted from her shoulders. Grace didn't play about her education and when she was in that mode, she was in that mode.

" Ight man. When you gone let me see you, you cant use no more studying excuses,"

" You could've been saw me but you would be too much of a distraction,"

He pursed his lips looking at the phone. " No I would not,"

" Yes you would," She protested starting her car. " You're always trying to be nasty," She whispered the last part.

He chuckled, smirking and licking over his bottom lip. " Cause yo shit too good,"

Grace blushed. " Stop,"

" Why you always tellin me to stop,"

" Cause," She said in a baby voice.

" What you doin tonight? Let's go out to eat,"

" Like a date?" She smiled.

" Yea, I was thinking Ruth's Chris,"

She nodded. " Okay, I'm just going to get my nails done and then I'll be on my way home,"

" Yea please do, them thangs chipped,"

She cut her eyes at him.

" I'm just messin wit you baby,"

" Whatever, I'll see you later,"

" Pick a color," the nail tech said, handing Grace the gel color samples.

She flipped through the plastic nail tips painted in a variety of colors though she already knew what color she was going to pick, her go to— Funny Bunny by OPI. A pale bubble bath pink with the tiniest hint of shimmer. Grace preferred her nails short and clean kept, she loved the classy look.

Grace sat quietly watching as her nails got done not thinking about much in particular but enjoying her 'me time'.

" Grace?"

She raised a brow turning to see Unique, taken slightly aback as to why he'd be in the nail shop.

" H-hi Unique," She smiled politely but also puzzled as she looked around.

He was dressed in a Gucci jogging suit with a big fur coat and golds in his mouth.

" What are you doing here?"

" I took my granny to get her nails done," He smiled placing his hand on the shoulder of the elderly woman that sat right next to her.