24.

" I miss you,"

" I miss you too baby," Grace giggled.

" I ain't had no pussy in two days, my chest starting to hurt again,"

Grace rolled her eyes. " I will be home tomorrow, relax,"

Grace, her mom, Nia and Prie had all took a pre planned trip to Vegas in honor of Graces graduation just for a weekend. It was hard for all four of them to make time to take off together but they managed and Grace was thankful even if it were just for a day.

" What yall bout to do?" Joseph asked.

" We're waiting for my mom to get out of the shower so we can go get brunch,"

" Are you alone?"

" No," Grace laughed flipping the camera and putting it on Nia and Prie who were lounging around waiting for Emily. She was always took the longest to get ready and Grace was right after.

" Go to another room real quick,"

" Why?" She asked.

" Cause I want to see somethin damn, you can't just show me a titty or somethin?"

" Girl if you don't show that man one of yo titties damn," Prie exaggerated making Graces face turn red.

" You should've had yo AirPods in," Joseph snickered.

" Or maybe you should stop being a freak all the time,"

Grace and Joseph talked for a little while longer before hanging up.

" Oh my gosh we're only going to get food she acts like we're going to the Met Gala," Grace groaned sitting up from her bed. " Mama?"

" Yea baby," Nia responded looking up from her phone.

" Can you tell me about my dad?"

Slightly taken aback by the question she nodded. " What do you want to know?"

" I don't know, anything. Mommy said Joseph reminded her of him but you know she never really talks about him and I've just been thinking about it since. I don't know, I guess I'm just at that age where I'm curious now,"

Nia nodded holding a reminiscent expression.

" Well he loved you, you were the apple of that mans eye," She laughed. " Ill never forget when you first came home he had all his friends come to y'all house to come see you like you were a trophy. You were his pretty baby, that's what he called you. 'My pretty baby'," She said.

" And before it was you it was your mama, boy did he love yo mama. Couldn't nobody tell him about Emily, anything she ever wanted or needed he got it. That's why she a spoiled brat now cause of him. She wasn't always like that though, please believe. The girl wouldn't even comb her hair for school, all she cared about was them books,"

" Yo daddy was truly one of a kind. I don't think I've ever met someone as smart and head strong as him. Even though he was one of the youngest in our neighborhood he was like a leader and someone everyone looked up too. Very protective too. I'm pretty sure he done whooped on every nigga I ever dated," She continued.

" Even my daddy?" Prie asked.

" Pshhh," Nia said waving her hand. " He beat the BREAKS off yo daddy,"

Grace laughed listening to her God mom talk.

" Boy I will never forget that day. Yo punk ass daddy tried to put his hands on me when I was pregnant with you. I went over to Emily house crying and when I tell you that man walked up out that house so quick,"