33.

As soon as Grace opened her eyes she immediately began to cry making Emily look up from her phone and start catering to her daughter.

" Shhh," Emily shushed, rubbing Grace's head.

Grace was finally waking up from her sedation after a two and a half hour surgery. Emily was called immediately after Grace was taken to the hospital by Prie and made it just a little before Grace woke up.

" I'm right here baby," Emily said.

" What happened," Grace croaked looking around the hospital room.

Emily bit her lip looking at her daughter. Emily herself had suffered a miscarriage before Grace was born and it was a very difficult thing to experience and she could only imagine the hurt it would cause her baby when she told her. Grace didn't even know she was pregnant, nobody did. It was a huge shock and loss for everyone, especially Joseph.

He didn't take it well.

" Mommy," Grace said again.

" You had a miscarriage baby," Emily said softly, twisting her lips to the side. "And you lost a lot of blood,"

Grace furrowed her brows confused. " What?" She asked. " H-how,"

Grace voice broke as she talked, her lip quivering.

" Mommy how? I didn't know,"

Emily nodded trying to contain herself as she rubbed her daughters head. " I know baby, it's not your fault,"

After speaking with the doctor, everyone learned that Grace had suffered from an Ectopic pregnancy in which a fertilized egg implants itself in the Fallopian tube and if not caught, will burst and rupture the Fallopian tube causing internal bleeding and the needing of emergency surgery.

With out surgery, Ectopic pregnancy can lead to death.

Emily explained to Grace what the doctor said as she began to cry harder hearing that they had to remove one of her Fallopian tubes due to the damage the pregnancy caused.

" I can't have kids anymore?" Grace cried.

" You can still have kids baby, you still have one Fallopian tube,"

" But now it's going to be harder," Grace said wiping her eyes.

Joseph appeared in the doorway with flowers and a tired look on his face. Emily kissed Grace on the cheek before getting up and leaving them alone.

" I got these for you," Joseph said, sitting next to her.

Grace could care less about the flowers and Joseph could see it on her face. He set the flowers down at the foot of the bed and exhaled loudly as Grace began to cry uncontrollably again. She didn't realize how bad she wanted to be a mom until she lost her pregnancy.

It was causing an indescribable feeling of grief in her that she didn't know she could feel, that she'd never felt before.

Even though she didn't know she was pregnant, she felt an instant feeling of attachment when she was told that was snatched from her like ripping off a bandaid.

" I didn't know," She cried.

" I know baby," Joseph said lowly laying his head on her.

He'd seen her cry before, but he'd never seen her cry like this before and it was hurting him to see her in so much pain mentally and physically. He almost couldn't stomach it when he was told. This was the very thing he'd been asking for for months.

" What did I do wrong," She cried to herself.

" You didn't do nothing Grace, this ain't your fault," He said sternly sitting up.