Part 1 - Triangular Infatuation

Kolkata

Soumya's house,

Manike Mage Hithe song plays in the radio

A girl is drying her wet hair along with synchronizing her lips to the song. Few dresses were scattered on her bed. She is confused on choosing the dress.

Janvi comes inside with a smile, "Good morning Soumya. Where are you lost?"

Soumya looks at her with a sheepish smile, "Mom, I am confused what to wear today. I have worn all the dresses."

Janvi asks, "Are you bothered about such a petty thing? Let me help you."

Soumya says, "Actually, I want to look beautiful today since it is our college farewell today. I want to be pretty in all the photos."

Janvi replies, "That's why, you should know what to wear, what type of dresses look beautiful for you, suits skin tone and all. Now, for the sake of photo, you're creating a drama."

Soumya says, "What is the use of having a fashion designer as a mother? She teach me nothing..."

Soumya teases Janvi. Janvi pulls her ears.

Janvi says, "You are not heeding to my words and now taunting me as well."

Soumya says, "Mummy, leave me..."

Janvi leaves her. Soumya sugarcoats Janvi to help her.

Janvi selects a suitable dress of Soumya's choice and gives it to her. Soumya hugs Janvi and wears the dress. Janvi does a makeover for Soumya as per her request.

Ashwin comes inside and cannot believe what is going on inside. Soumya and Janvi smiles. Ashwin enters inside and checks the window.

Soumya frowns, "baba (dad), you're too much. Rain won't come."

Ashwin giggles.

Ashwin - "Something is fishy in my daughter's mind."

"Looks like Didi (elder sister) has some boyfriend in the college," says Prem who is standing at the doorway. Soumya throws some pillows on him, but he catch it. Prem is Soumya's paternal cousin.

Soumya - Hey Chotu! Go and prepare for your NEET exam. A kiddo is talking to me like this!"

Prem - "Don't call me Chotu, buddhiya... I'm 19 already and going to complete my first year. Update yourself daily, Buddhiya."

Soumya - "Chotu Chotu Chotu...What will you do after all?"

Prem - "I'll pour grease on your face so that your boyfriend run away from you."

Janvi who is making adjusting Soumya's hair, also laughs.

Soumya - "Maa, where is Pishimaa (aunt)? Let Pishimaa come home from Hosiptal, I'll tackle you then. This kiddo is always pulling my legs."