because I love you

[ couple au ]
[ eddy x reader ]

You woke to the dark, because you couldn't sleep well due to the agonising heat the pillow and sheets are giving you for some unknown reason. Moreover, you seemed to have a lot going on in your mind and that you could not truly relax yourself due to you thinking about these scenarios.

Luckily, your rented apartment is located right next to the beach, so you decided to go there and relax a little bit so that you could sleep. As a result, you slowly and carefully broke from Eddy's embrace, trying your very best not to wake him up since he was sleeping like a log. You smiled at how he still looked perfect even when under the dark. The moonlight is shining down on Eddy's features, his closed eyes with dense, long eyelashes, a tall nose and a sharp jaw. His hair was also touseled in a cute way and small snores are escaping from his mouth.

How cute, but he must be as exhausted as I am,
you thought to yourself. I shouldn't wake him up, then. Guess I'll just go back after half an hour.

You then put on one of Eddy's hoodies over yourself and tiptoed to your destination.

As you slipped on your flip flops, you put one foot in front of the other and had yourself in the beach, sitting down on one of the benches. You listened to the sound of constructive waves crashing onto the bay, sending off swashing sounds, which made you relax slightly from the stress you're having. You smiled in delight, feeling how fantastic it would be to spend every day, just listening to the waves while doing nothing.

You also felt the delicacy of the grains of the sand, as small particles in the sand tickled your toes.

Surrounding you, is nothing, except of the tranquility and peace the beach is bringing you. The visitors and the guests had all left because of the late hour at the moment. It's just you. Nothing could be heard, except for the crashing of the waves and the ambience of crickets chirping. You closed your eyes and inhaled a deep breath, trying to enjoy the tiny bubble of peace in such a peaceful environment.

"Y/N?" asked a voice behind you. You turned and saw Eddy, your boyfriend anxiously standing behind you.

"Oh hey...Eddy!" you said sheepishly. "I'm sorry if I woke you up. I didn't mean to walk away but I did so because I can't sleep."

"Ahh..." said Eddy as he yawned, with his eyes still half-opened. Suddenly you felt guilty for making him wake up in the middle of his sleep to find you missing. "It's alright."

Eddy then sat down on the bench next to yours and handed you his earbuds. "Want to listen to some classical music to soothe you down? You seem to have a lot going on your. mind lately. Perhaps some Debussy could calm you down and help you sleep,"

"Are you sure about that?" I asked.

"That's actually my sleeping playlist," said Eddy. "And I think it might be useful for you, too."

You smiled, suddenly feeling grateful for having an amazing boyfriend like Eddy.

"Nah, no." said Eddy. "Actually, if you won't mind, I created a playlist just for you."

Your eyes widened in shock. "What?"

"I said, I created a playlist just for you. I know you love listening to the 2nd movements in sonatas and sonatinas so I decided to create one for you. I know you're frequently on a bundle of nerves, regardless of college or work, but I hope that I could help you out as a boyfriend of yours. That's the least I can do." said Eddy. "And all the pieces are played by me. I hope that you could make use of this playlist and play it whenever you think of me and when you miss me, because that's symbolic on how I would always be here for you. Although we may not be together physically at times, but I could show you my love towards you not only through words, through texts, but through music as well."

You smiled once again. "Thank you so much, Eddy. Why are you always spoiling me?"

"Because I love you. And you deserve all the love in the world you need." said Eddy, leaning down to kiss you on the lips. He then proceeded to pepper kisses on your cheek, and the crook of your neck, making you chuckle at him.

"I'll listen to it now." you said as you put on one side of his earbuds.

As the recording started playing, Eddy held you up and placed your head on his chest so that you could listen to his music on one ear and his steady heartbeat on the other, while intaking the sweet scent of vanilla and chamomile on his shirt. At the same time, he was gently stroking your hair and resting one of his arms behind your back while rubbing it gently, calming you down. Moments like this are truly enjoyable,  and you felt like you could literally do this all day with Eddy.

You hope, at least. Because he seemed to be pretty busy with his schedules.

As time went by, You felt your eyelids slowly growing heavier and heavier like stainless steel and you felt sleepier and sleepier. Slowly but deftly you eventually drifted off to a deep, dreamless sleep with his earbuds still on your ear and your head still on Eddy's chest.

Eddy smiled and internally melted to see the sight of you, falling asleep on him. He then took off his earbuds gently and carefully from your ears and placed them back into the case. However, he too was awakened for a while so he decided to sit for a while before he headed back, enjoying the presence of you and the nature that's surrounding him.

How cute, he thought to himself as he smiled and looked down onto your sleeping face. If s/he wants, then I'm willing to do this every day with him/her. You deserve a well-break, Y/N. You're someone hardworking and devoted, and you deserve a proper break and a good night's sleep.

And it was not after long, Eddy himself started to feel sleepy as well. He then gently propped you up into his arms and carefully dragged himself back into your shared apartment while carrying you in bridal style.

Good night, my love. Let's get you some good night's sleep tonight. Because you deserve it.

-

a/n: fuuucccckkkk I'm getting diabetes from writing this someone send me insulin asap- TAT