new child

[ parent au ]
[ eddy x brett ]
[ context: aaron and chloe are going to have a new sibling! ]
[ aaron is seven, chloe is five while the new child is three in this oneshot hehe ]

"So, Eddy Chen, and Brett Yang," announced the lawyer.

"Yep, that's us." said Eddy, swallowing a litre of air.

"By signing this, you not only agree to take care of, to provide for their health welfare and educational needs of Daven Wang."

"Yep, we do." agreed Brett.

"Devon, do you agree to this adoption?" asked the lawyer with a smile.

Devon's eyes flashed with happiness and hope. He really wanted to be part of Brett and Eddy's family because he thought Eddy is one of the most nice people he had ever met in his life. Ever since his biological parents died when he was one year old, he had never encountered the amount of love anymore.

And now, his dream had come true. He can finally be a part of Brett and Eddy's family and to live a new life and experience genuine childhood.

********************

He had gone through a very long way to where he is right now. He became an orphan when he was young because his parents died, and he was being sent to his uncle. However, Devon's uncle is a gambler and extremely neglecting, so he sent poor Devon to the orphanage with apathetic caretakers whom treated children as if they're slaves. Poor Devon was being tortured by the caretakers there and was being beaten at least twice a day. Moreover, he was also being bullied by the children in the orphanage as well, making him more and more miserable, with no friends at all. He felt like his life is ending, for he has no parents, no friends, nothing for him except for misery and hunger.

But meeting Brett, to him is the best thing that could happen in his life. After meeting Brett, the whole world for him changed, as if a spark of light is shining through the darkness in Devon's miserable life. He also became happier when he met Brett.

And for Brett, he couldn't help but notice how anorexic and light Devon was when he first saw him. But after knowing Devon's background story, he was mad and rushed home to talk to Eddy about adopting the child, and that is also when Devon got to know Eddy. But when he met Eddy, he was scared and started to hide behind Brett's back.

"Nah, don't worry buddy." grinned Brett. "Eddy is nice. He's unlike your uncle and the bunch of morons there."

"My name is...D...Devon..." stuttered the poor child.

Eddy immediately took him to a meal, with his favourite food and stuff, and Devon was really happy and for the first time in his life, he sensed care and love. Maybe life isn't bad at all. There indeed are angels in real life, or angels sent from heaven. Brett and Eddy are the epitome of angels sent from heaven, in the eyes of Devon.

"You know Brett?" said Eddy, looking at the child gobbling up the food happily and smiled at him with grateful eyes. "I guess we should adopt him. I no longer want him to suffer and live under that fucking bunch of apathetic monsters. I think we should sue that orphanage too. That's not how children are supposed to be treated!" 

**********************

"Is Uncle Brett going to be my new Daddy?" asked Devon in a tiny voice.

Brett smiled at Devon and patted his head gently. "Devon, you don't have to live in that orphanage anymore. From now on, you will live with us. You now have Daddy and Papa, taking care of you until you're a big boy. And you consider us so much to be your parents, so Papa also decided to have you join our happy family. You're going to be our son and live with us forever after."