secret

[ roommates au ]
[ brett x eddy ]
[ context 1: brett is 17 and eddy is 16 in this oneshot. ]
[ context 2: the boys was tired after a gathering and brett fell asleep, calling eddy to wake him up before he knocked out. however, eddy was tickly in his heart when he saw this sight. what would he do? ]

Social gathering with friends is certainly a fun activity. Brett and Eddy, along with Ray, Jordon, Shaun, Jason, Joanne, Phoebe, Sophie, Janine, Hilary, Hyung, Alex and Angie are now in the UK having a fun gathering, as they roasted actors pretending to know they can play the instruments when they don't, playing some interactive games such as Never Had I Ever and Try Not To Laugh, talking about any random topics they could have in mind. It is certainly an enjoyable experience, to connect with your friends.

They laughed all thought the night and they didn't realise that it would be soon 12am, the time where they are supposed to go to bed according to their given curfew.

"Okay so we'll meet at the lobby at 7:30am tomorrow, right?" asked Shaun.

"Yup, and guys, you wanna play another round of mahjong tonight?" asked Ray enthusiastically.

"Yay! Count me in!" said Eddy gleefully. "Brett you wanna join too?"

"Sure, whatever." said Brett.

"Woohoo! I'll join as well!" said Jason. "Count me in."

"Me too!" said Shaun as he pulled Jordon over. "He'll come by as well."

"Alex? Hyung?" asked Ray. "Are you guys going?"

"I'd like to, but I'm afraid not." said Alex. "Hyung and I are pretty tired and we need to arrange something for the piano piece we composed tonight."

"I see, okay. But ahhh, new ship here I see." said Ray, earning a slap on the back from Sophie. She hit Ray so hard, that there might be a pink handprint left on Ray's back.

"Stop shipping people so randomly, goddamn it!" said Sophie.

-

After Brett and Eddy went back to their rooms, they're very exhausted from the very long day. Both of them were too tired to even take a shower, so they just laid flat on their beds, trying to slightly rest for a while before they got to join Ray for his mahjong session.

"'M tired." said Brett as he laid down on his bed. "I'm going to sleep. Wake me up at around 12:45 so that we could be at Ray's later."

"Oh, okay." said Eddy. "You get your sleep and I'll wake you up later." And minutes later, snores were heard from his bed. Brett was asleep.

At the same time, Eddy put on his hoodie and walked to the washroom, where he felt his emotions and feelings for Brett slowly tumbling into a hurricane, making him feeling confused as he thought it would be the perfect timing to properly digest his thoughts.

Brett is a good friend. He may not have the looks, but there is something in him that I absolutely adore. But what is that? And why so? And why do I feel my face burning whenever I thought of him? Is that normal? Recently, I feel my heartbeat rate going on an accelerato whenever I got close to him. He may be just a good friend, but he might not know that he displayed all the qualities I look for in a soulmate. He acts so much like a boyfriend, and this makes my heart go 246!

Get your shit together, Eddy Chen. There's no way you can be gay. What would happen if you told your friends about it? And worse yet, what would happen if you told your parents? You'll end up being kicked out of the house! What are you thinking? Are you out of your mind?

He looked back at Brett, who was sleeping peacefully. But then, his sheets are sprawled everywhere, and his head was located away from his pillow. Albeit Eddy had tried to have himself stand back from Brett to avoid any more "inappropriate thoughts", he found himself, instead, unconsciously walking towards his roommate, aka his unique crush. Eddy realised, suddenly, that he was supposed to wake him up, instead of letting him sleep in. But instead of waking him up, he moved his pillow (which is now on the floor) closer to his head, and grabbed the blankets that had been far kicked away by him and covered him with it. He slightly smiled at him as he admired his features.