all i ask

[ couple au ]
[ eddy x brett ]
[ tw: major character death, mentions of inborn defects and diseases ]
[ inspired by all i ask - adele ]

Brett is a patient with a weak heart due to his septal defect, and the amount of physical activity he is able to perform is greatly limited due to his heart defect. This made him very sad, and felt inferior because he was different from others.

Oh, how much he wished to run and romp around freely, like ordinary people could. Although he's not really a fan of sports, he still really wanted to have the ability to run around and do everything he wanted to do. But his heart limited his abilities. He could not properly express himself, and luckily, he met Eddy.

It is because of Eddy, he gained passion and interest in picking up the violin and finally made a living out of it due to his persistence in practising and became a local musician along with his best friend, as well as his lover. The presence of Eddy alone is enough to make Brett feel full and satisfied about life since he knew that he had his lover and his best friend backing up for him all along despite the upcoming challenges to come in the future. He knew that music is a new channel for him to express his inner world and his thoughts, knowing that it creates a better resonating effect to touch people's heart.

This is another usual day where both Brett and Eddy are just sitting nearby the jogging track located close to them, while Brett was yet frowning at the sight on children romping around in a carefree state, with smiles on their face, active and lively, with genuine smiles flashed on their faces. He wished he could be like them. All of his life, he was unable to run like them and could not perform exercise like others. Although he had his violin, he still thought that he was inferior to others due to his difference. This piece of him is the missing puzzle piece in his life, where it is impossible for him to complete it, unless, someone is generous enough to donate their own hearts for his defective one.

But problem is, there isn't any.

"Brett?" asked Eddy affectionately. "Sad about the children running around again, ya?"

Brett nodded. "Yes, I wish I could run like them. They could do whatever they wanted, unlike me who has a defective heart.

Eddy silenced. He knew his lover really wanted to live an ordinary life. Sometimes, life is just so unfair! It is so unfair to Brett, that he could not to whatever he wanted because of his heart. His heart limited him in doing a lot of things, and he would have chronic cardiac arrests at times. It really hurts to see Brett suffer in this way.

If only I could heal his wounds with words of love, offering him with words of affirmation and encouragement! Most importantly, if only I could take his place so that he wouldn't have to suffer more!

Suddenly, Brett gasped for air, collapsing to the ground, pressing his chest tight.

"Eddy! My chest hurts!" said Brett. "Please...help...help me!"

Eddy widened his eyes, trying to hold him up while trying to shout for help, catching attention for people around. Everyone immediately rushed over to the commotion, while surrounding Brett too closely that Eddy started to lose patience. But too bad, Brett had already lost consciousness by the time people arrived.

"Fucking stand behind and give him more air can't you?" asked Eddy sternly. "I'm asking for help, but not for you guys to 'enjoy the show' on what was happening! His life is in danger, do you know this?"

"Someone please call the ambulance!" shouted Eddy, "Just please!"

"Alright!" said a woman impatiently, as she was beeping the number on the phone.

No sooner the ambulance arrived, while along all the time, Eddy and a woman is taking turns performing CPU on Brett, trying to ensure that he's still breathing before the ambulance arrives. But Eddy was doing it with tears streaming down his face, where Brett's face is also stained with Eddy's wet and salty tears.