thank you

[ professor x student au ]
[ brett x eddy ]
[ professor brett x student eddy ]
[ tw: mentions of abandonment and loss ]

"I wonder who is that new student?"

"Look, y'all. He is the transfer student here." said a know-it-all gossip girl in the music college as Eddy walked in to the hallway. "I heard that he got accepted into this school because of his mad violin skills and his perfect peach-"

"It's perfect pitch!" said her friend. "And how did you manage to that know that much about him?"

"OK, sorry PERFECT PITCH okay? Anyways, I don't know," she said, flipping her hair nonchalantly. "But somehow I heard from nowhere that he is a gay."

Eddy walked past the corridor, trying to dart away from all the chatters and gossip about him transferring to this most prestigious music college in Australia. It's not that he had done something wrong, but it's just he was shy and scared in a new environment.

He expected it to be exciting, making new friends, but all of them seemed really bitchy and gross, giving him extra fear and a boost of uncertainty when he stepped foot in this school. But why the hell there is a lot of rumours about me already circulating around the school? Like if they actually know me? It's creepy on how they know about me albeit I haven't really met them, and even get to know them!

Did I make a mistake in even coming to this school? This is, like my dream college. However things aren't going the way that I expected. Is this entire dream a mistake?

No. I'm definitely not going let these stupid morons stand in the way of achieving my dream of becoming a classical musician and a violinist. I gotta show them what I got.

****************

Eddy sat for the lessons, trying to wait for the professor. He sat there silently, while running through his favourite violin pieces in his mind. Suddenly, a girl approached him and greeted him in the most hyperactive way possible.

"Ooooh hey! You must be the new transfer student here! Your name is Eddy Chen, right? My name is Angie Sanders! What's yours?" asked the girl with blonde hair with green, deceiving eyes who is approaching Eddy right now, making him tense up due to her hyper activeness.

"How do you know my name?" asked Eddy meekly and shyly, showing traces of discomfort on how Angie is already acting friendly to him despite they're barely even acquaintances.

"You're already really famous at school, you know that?" asked Angie. "I just heard you got admitted into this school because of your violin skills, oh, I wonder how did you do that? Your level of violin playing is soooo great, no one could even beat it. I bet you must be a prodigy! Compared to mine, my skills are just shit... pleeeease just teach me violin one day! Oh, maybe now?"

"Oh, I mean...thanks?" said Eddy, awkwardly, since he did not know how to turn down Angie. At the same time, he didn't want to be rude. "You know, you gotta practice. That's what I did. Stop searching for talent, because it's not gonna be here."

Angie is obviously not flattered by Eddy's advice. She rolled her eyes, and said: "Duh, you're no fun. But anyways, this might be the reason why I'm drawn to you. Andddd I heard you also got a pianist sister right, and her name is Be-"

"Alright class! Please go back to your seats, and Angie, what are you doing here? Don't you have a lecture to attend?" said a voice from behind.

Angie rolled her eyes and slumped back onto the seat, right next to Eddy's. He tensed. He was uncomfortable by the fact on how she had already knew that much about him even if they just met. Am I that famous because of how famous my sister is right now? Honestly, meeting her seems like a great burden to me. I don't know.