Prince Shoto x Reader Pt.1 angst

"Shoto! Do come here son!" Rei calls for her son who had been waiting outside the throne room till he was called. He enters the room and see his mother, father, elder sister, and 2 elder brother all in their throws waiting for him. "Yes what is it now." Shoto asks more as a board statement than a question. "Now that you are old enough, it's time you being seeking a bride my boy." King Enji smiles proudly at his son.

"A wife? For what father, I am 4th in line to take the thrown after my elder siblings, for what do I need a wife for?" I ask and he smiles. "You must continue this families blood line regardless of who is next in line for the thrown." Enji says and Shoto sighs. "I do not wish to be married to some... random princess from another kingdom! Since I'm not likely to take this kingdom can't I marry for love rather then out of force! What if I wish to marry a Noble women or perhaps even a present girl!" He yells and Enji shakes his head.

"We have plenty of lovely princesses still ready to marriage in neighboring kingdoms. If you are to marry one of them then it'll grow our kingdom. We have many a princess for you to choose from son, just like your brothers did and just like Fuyumi was chosen." Rei smiles and Enji nods. "For now we have a lady in waiting who will be training you to be the best and most gentlemanly prince you can be." Enji says gesturing to the girl next to the thrown. She approaches Shoto and curtsies to him.

"My name is Y/N L/N. I am your new lady in waiting and it is truly an honer to be working for you my prince." She says staying in her curtsey. Shoto looks at her, examining her features and thinking. "Very well then. If this is how it must be then... it's how it will be." He says with a slight disappointment to his voice. "You are excused." Enji says and he nods. "Come L/N." Shoto says and Y/N stands up straight following after Shoto.

They approach his room and she stops walking. "I shall be here bright and early with your breathiest sir. Do sleep well." She curtsies to her prince and he nods. "Very well Y/N. Where shall you be resting?" He asks and she blushes. "Oh well along with the rest of the servants and maids of course!" She says and he hums. "mmm... if you are to be my lady and waiting I would like for you to have a nice bedroom. TOKOYAMI!" Shoto yells and a servant with dark black hair comes around the corner to the prince.

"Yes your majesty?" He asks and Shoto looks to him. "Tell my father to arrange a proper bed and bedroom for L/N. I wish for it to be in this room next to mine." Shoto says and Y/N gasps lightly. A lady in waiting is just more of a personal maid to a single prince of princess, she is not to have such a luxurious bedroom in the main quarters of the castle.

"yes your majesty right away." Tokoyamk bows and walks to talk to King Enji. "Your room may not be as luxurious as mine but it'll be better then the servant quarters. I do hope it is alright." Shoto says and she nods. "Yes your majesty! I am forever grateful for this my prince." She curtsies and he smiles a bit. "So formal Y/N. You shall call my Shoto when we are alone." He says and she gasps. "But sire! A lady in waiting shall not address her majesty in such ways." She blushes and looks away.

Shoto smiles at her timidness to break the rules. He finds her nervousness cute and innocent in a sense. "Sleep well Y/N." Shoto says backing into his room. "You as well my prince!" She curtsies till he closes the door on her. She lets out a shaky breath and leans against the wall. "So formal Y/N. You shall call my Shoot when we are alone." His words repeat in her head. She feels the blush forming on her cheeks as she remembers it. She was so giddy when she was told she would be lady in waiting to the most handsome son in the Todoroki kingdom. "Stay professional Y/N... You're a lady in waiting, do your job. Don't let your fantasies get the better of you." She whispers to herself before entering her new room...

~5 months later~

"Your dinner Sire." Y/N enters Shoto's room and places the door on his table. "Did you prepare this yourself again?" Shoto asks and she nods. "As you're requested sire." She says and he smiles. "Thank you." He sits in the wooden chair and places his napkin on his lap. "Ring if you need my Sire." She curtsies and begins to leave the room. "OH y/n?" He calls and she turns around. "yes your majesty?" She asks and looks to him and he smiles. "Are you off to eats as well?" He asks and she nods.