Chapter 5: Run

Cloaks and coats where put on in a hurry. Chloe ran a lot faster than the others, almost as though the wind was pushing her along. She'd made it to the peak overlooking the White Witch's castle. When the others had caught up they could all see Edmund at the Witch's front door, his face illuminated by the blue light.

"EDMUND!" Lucy screamed.

"No! They'll hear you!" Mr. Beaver hissed, and just then Peter bolted toward the castle.

"Peter stop!" Chloe called, putting her hands up in attempt to block him, and suddenly it was as though Peter had barreled right toward a wall, falling right on his bum.

"Chloe stop it!" He yelled trying to push through the invisible barrier.

Mr. Beaver grabbed hold of his coat, "You're playing right into her hands!"

"We can't just let him go!" Susan cried.

"He's our brother!" Lucy grabbed hold of Chloe's arms tightly.

I looked at her sadly, "He's the bait!" Mr. Beaver yelled, "The Witch wants all five a'ya!"

"Why?"

"To stop the prophecy from coming true. To kill ya!"

They watched as Edmund walked right into the Witch's lair, the doors shutting behind him, "This is all your fault!" Susan accused.

Peter turned around angrily, "My fault?"

"None of this would have happened if you had just listened to me in the first place!"

Peter scoffed, "So you knew this would happen?"

"I didn't know what would happen," she defended, "Which is why we should have left while we still could-!"

"Stop it!" Chloe bellowed angrily, a small bit of rumbling erupted from the ground they stood on. That got their attention, "Bickering like children won't solve anything! What matters now is getting Edmund back."

Mr. Beaver nodded pointing to her, "She's right. Only Aslan can help your brother now."

Peter looked between the girls in front of him before finally sighing, "Then take us to him."

Mr. Beaver nodded and they all rushed back to the dam to prepare for their journey to Aslan's camp, "Hurry! They're after us!" Mr. Beaver rushed the moment they got back.

"Oh! Right then!" She immediately started scurrying about the dam collecting various items.

"What's she doing?" Peter asked.

Mr. Beaver rolled his eyes while she continued, "You'll be thanking me later. It's a long journey and Beaver gets pretty cranky when he's hungry-"

"I'm cranky now!" He snapped.

Mrs. Beaver continued to pack food and supplies together for the trip, "Do you think we'll need jam?" Susan asked helping her.

"Only if the Witch serves toast!" Peter hurried.

That was when they heard the barking of the Witch's wolves circling the dam. They started to dig through the snow to get at them. Chloe frowned nervously, purple flames erupting on her hands, "Don't set the whole bloody dam on fire!" Mr. Beaver yelled, "Come on!" He led them through a secret tunnel that would get them out a safe distance away, "Badger and me dug this. Comes out right near his place."

"You told me it lead to your mums!" The Mrs. gasped.

Peter grabbed an unlit torch, "Think you could-"

But Chloe didn't need him to finish, she opened her palm toward the torch and allowed the warm feeling to build, blowing a flame onto it, "Might be getting the hang of this," she smiled as they continued to speed through the tunnel.