Chapter 10: The Golden Age

That night, after everyone had been returned to normal, camp was made right on the battlefield. The following day began the victory march to Cair Paravel. Chloe thought it looked even more magnificent up close. The grand castle stood on a cliff overlooking the beach, and the first thing the five of them did was enjoy the sand and salt water.

The war was won, and they had the night of their lives. Through their small celebration, the others could see the ever-growing bond between Edmund and Chloe. Peter had recounted how he'd disobeyed his order to fight alongside her, and how when he'd been stabbed it was the most frightening Chloe had looked the entire battle. But all that was behind them now, and the two of them were laughing and splashing water on each other playfully.

They got to have their fun, for the following morning was important. The coronation of the Pevensies to their thrones. Chloe was so happy for them, she'd felt as though all her stress had been eliminated. The morning of the coronation, Asari, fully healed, helped in preparing her dress.

It was a stunning purple, with silver trim, and there was a smirk on the dryad's mouth as she tightened the corset, "What's so funny?" Chloe challenged while putting on her headpiece.

"Oh nothing...you'll see," she teased as she finished, "You look absolutely beautiful my Chloe," she gushed.

Chloe felt herself tear up, bringing the dryad into a hug before she left her chambers to make her own grand entrance, as ordered by Aslan. Walking in to the throne room, it filled with cheers. The soldiers raised their swords to her respectfully as she walked toward the front where the Pevensies would soon sit.

At the end stood Oreius, who had the most proud look on his face, "You've done well," he whispered just before the trumpets blared, signaling the arrival of the future Kings and Queens.

Chloe watched with a smile on her face as Aslan walked down the aisle with the Pevensies on either side of him. She blushed when her eyes landed on Edmund, realizing what Asari had done. Edmund's clothes were silver, but hidden behind his cape...the same purple that she wore. Edmund caught her staring and smiled before he stepped up to his throne with his siblings.

Aslan stood in the front as they stood before their thrones, "To the glistening Eastern Sea, I give you Queen Lucy the Valiant," her smile only widened when she saw the Beavers were the ones chosen to present them with their crowns. Mr. Tumnus walked behind them, a new scarf around his neck, as he walked up the steps and took the crown from the pillow, carefully placing it on her head, "To the great Western Wood, King Edmund the Just," he looked over at Chloe with nothing but pure excitement, causing the girl to hold in some laughter as she put her hands together, "To the radiant Southern Sun, Queen Susan, the Gentle," and finally, "To the clear Northern Sky, I give you King Peter, the Magnificent," The entire hall bowed to their rulers, "Once a King or Queen of Narnia, always a King or Queen."

The hall chorused into a chant of, "Long live King Peter! Long live King Edmund! Long live Queen Susan! Long live Queen Lucy!" It's safe to say out of everyone in the hall, Chloe's cheers was louder than them all.

The evening festivities were light and cheerful. Mr. Tumnus and the fauns were playing music with the dryads. Asari was chatting with Oreius, and Mr. Beaver was eating as much as he could without his wife noticing.

The sun set over the ocean, and things seemed to calm down. Chloe was showing some of the younger fauns a new trick she'd picked up, with her hand open she showed them snowflakes falling slowly. They found her fascinating, and they weren't the only ones.

"It's cool right?" She giggled at all their astonished faces before closing her hand, "Although, I think Narnia's had enough snow for a while. Don't you think?"