Chapter Twenty one

I stared at his hand, wrapped in mine as we walked out of the hotel. 

The others were at the back of the building and he said they were just discussing some things with other people back there but I was pretty nervous. 

We walked towards the car as Rex texted on his phone when suddenly I heard a heavy object hit the ground. Startled, I grabbed his hand, looking behind us. 

"Well, well. One of the Lenoir brothers"

I frowned looking at Rex and he stared at the man, Rex pushed me behind him covering me from that guy as I bit my lip at the sudden situation we were in. This came out of nowhere. 

"Let's be real, we are in the middle of the hotel's parking lot. There are 4 cameras pointing at your face, I have Alex who probably took out your pathetic friends, and....the cops are on their way. How bout you back off so you can avoid jail ?"

That man just cursed out loud taking out a gun.

Gun, that's a gun.

I gulp grabbing Rex's shirt from the back.

"Rex"

"It's okay Primrose why don't you go sit in the car" I shook my head. Our car was right behind us but I would never leave Rex. No Rex.

Not them.

I didn't want to lose them.

The man just smirked, pointing his gun at us.

"Stop showing off. You are nothing but trash in front of me, you idiot. Wanna get caught by the cops so bad ?"

The man fired a gunshot as Rex grabbed my hand, pushing me aside.

He missed us with just an inch.

I could feel my heartbeat in my ears, my hands grew sweaty as I trembled in his arms.

Why him?

Why was this man behind Rex? What did he do !?

One moment we were under his trigger and the next I saw him drop to the ground.

Blood, there was blood on the ground as that man screamed in pain.

"Okay, that's enough. I hope you didn't call the cop man"

I see Alex as the man from before, the owner of that restaurant shook his head. Theo walked out the back door of the building with three people as Alex kicked the man.

"Good to see you Snake. Oh, look! You grew a beard. How cute"

I can't believe Alex has this side to him. His evil grin as he kicked the wounded man while he spat out blood gave me chills. He had a weird side to him like he was completely different.

"We called cops to the other side of the building where his men are. Do you want me to drag him there?"

"Sure. I'll send the statement on Rex's behalf. Kaden?" Theo said, walking towards the wounded man.

I had no idea what was going on. I was confused. I didn't know Alex carried a gun.

I didn't know why this was happening but I wasn't scared. Because I was with them.

"He's back there waiting," Alex said as the owner of the place, Max, made his way towards the back. 

"Alright, Rex," he nodded. 

"Get in the care Primrose, I'll have a quick chat," I nodded as he unlocked the car. He took off as I walked towards the car and got in. 

They spoke for a while as I stared at them when suddenly another man ran towards them, pushing through them and opening the door near me. I froze in a panicked state.