Bring Him Home { J A N U S, V I R G I L }

TW: DEATH, MURDER, MENTIONS OF ABUSE, FOOD MENTIONS, POWER ABUSE

SHIP: LOGICALITY

MHA AU

AGENDER REMY

Anxiety ran and ran, panicking and nearly out of breath. The panicking only got worse as he realized he was at a dead end.

He turned around, only to find himself face to face with a hero, specifically one of the best heroes, Crowned. Putting his hands up, it takes half of a second it takes to realize his fate.

"So that's it? Ya gonna question me? I'll talk. My real name is Virgil Angest. My-"

"Shut up." The hero says, closing his eyes.

"Why should I?"

"I'm not gonna question you."

"Oh, so what are you gonna do, take me to hero headquarters?"

"I could. Or I could kill you. It's your choice."

"Why would you do that, Mr. Hero?"

"Listen, smartass. I've seen the shit the hero commission does to captured villains. This is something I offer to everyone I capture.. and some of them don't take it. Trust me. Death is better than that."

"Why should I listen to you? I'm only sixteen, what if I don't want to die?"

"I'll let you in on a story.."

Flashback

"I'll listen to your choice, but trust me, death would have been easier."

Crowned took the captured villain, Deceit, to the hero headquarters, handing him over to his boss. Before the kid is out of his custody, he whispers a short apology, holding back tears as he thinks about what's gonna happen to the villain, only fourteen years old. Of course, the hero commission didn't care about background, age, anything like that. So, Roman had just handed a kid over to torture.

Later that night, he was in his office doing records, when he could hear the yelling and crying of the poor child. He put his head down, trying not to cry.

Present

"So trust me. Death is better."

"Alright.. fine. Hey, can you remember something for me?"

"Of course, what is it?"

"My family. My- my parents, Logan and Patton Angest. Tell them I'm sorry. And- and if you can, tell them it was never their fault. Tell them I love them and that what happened to Janus wasn't their fault and that this isn't their fault."

"I will. Are you ready?" Crowned held up his hands.

"As I'll ever be. Oh, and, thank you."

"Always." With a wince, he let himself blast at Anxiety.

As the kid fell to the ground, he let out a sob, sending out a signal that the villain was caught and dead.

After work, around two am, he let himself fall into his couch in his small apartment, letting a song play as he stared at his ceiling.

They made soldiers out of children

Dragged the youth into their war

They made leverage from civilians

Made the whole world into pawns

They made villains from the broken

Made a hero something more