11: Out Of Time

I have two more nights left in Bon Temps and the aching feeling of despair was squeezing tightly on the chest. Every time I thought about it I would have to lean over to catch my breath. I can’t believe the time has just flown by. I still remember the first day I arrived in Bon Temps and met Sookie and Bill and Sam. Also, after my recent revelation of my liking towards Eric, I don’t know if I can leave just yet. I, of course, don’t have to volunteer down in New Orleans and if I’m a couple days late it wouldn’t matter but the longer I stay, the harder it will be to leave.

            *Bitch, you can’t leave me here by myself! Who will I cuddle with and watch stupid horror movies with?!*

            I had informed Alex of my nostalgia towards Bon Temps and how I may find a place to stay. My feelings for Eric just grow stronger as the days past and I can’t help but find myself lost in day dreams (or night dreams for the fact that he is a vampire) about Eric. He may be hard and cold on the outside but once you get past his sarcastic, playful exterior you see a new, softer more kind side of Eric that makes you wish that whatever made him cold and hard in the first place never happened.

            *Alex, I’m sorry, I am. Maybe you can move down here with me and we can be roommates? ;) Plus you would get to meet the hot vamp I’ve been thinking about non-stop lately*

            Alex wasn’t against dating vampires, other races, or even the same sex. He doesn’t judge people for who they love, just what they do. But hey, who isn’t like that now of days?

            *Yeah, meet him. Can’t wait.*

            Although Alex has never been fond of me dating other people of course. He once said that he was madly in love with me, but I’ve come to the conclusion that we were too drunk and too young to actually know what in the fuck we were saying. I sent Alex a winky face in reply and got off the bed. It was a hot summer day in Bon Temps, over 100 degrees. It made me sweat like a pig and tanning was out of the question. I’d be sweating like my life depended on it and probably die of a heat stroke before to long.

            I jogged down the stairs and made my way to the kitchen to find some of the fantastic lemonade Sookie made. It was her grandmother’s recipe and damn was it good. The taste really hit the spot on thirst quenching days like today. Sookie was, of course, working today and I didn’t really feel like sitting in the bar. I would love to chat with Sam and probably Jason but the crowded bar, even with air conditioning, would still be too hot for comfort for me. Honestly, I don’t see how Jason works comfortable in this heat.

            Laying my head on the cool, wood table in Sookie’s kitchen I thought about the possibility of me moving to Bon Temps. I know Sam would let me buy out one of his rental homes, and I could work from Bon Temps. All I do is code for websites and my boss could always call me with jobs. My mother doesn’t live in Baton Rouge and she actually lives closer to Bon Temps than I realized. Sighing loudly I closed my eyes and let myself drift into a peaceful day dream of Eric once more.

            Maybe I’ll call him tonight.