06: Goodnight Goodnight

Doing business with Eric was surprisingly easier than expected. He did not like to beat around the bush and he was detailed in exactly what he wanted. He explained to me that he’s been thinking about selling his ‘Fangtastia’ merchandise online but had not gotten around to contacting someone to discuss the business with him. When I came into his life he took it as a sign to get it started. I suppose that a legitimate reason, but I still hated the fact that I agreed to do this for him. He’s such a fucking—ugh!

            “I should have this finished in a week. Unlike Bill’s request, yours is larger and will take more time for merchandise organization and such,” I stood up and held out my hand to Eric, feeling very tired. My sleep schedule was getting off from having to do business with vampires and it is taking a toll on my body. Eric shook my hand and beamed down at me, finally happy that I had finally agreed to do this for him.

            “I’ll get the money for you tomorrow. Cash or check,” I shrugged at Eric giving him the message that it really didn’t matter. As long as I got the money nothing else mattered. “I’ll see you ladies tomorrow night,” I scowled at Eric and watched as he sped off. Vampires can move so quickly, it makes me wonder how they don’t get sick from the G-forces.

            “I hate that man with a burning passion,” I muttered to Sookie as I glided into the kitchen, making myself something to eat. I have got comfortable with Sookie and being in her house and vice versa. It was actually nice living with someone else rather than being by myself all the time.

            “I think almost everyone does. It either you hate him or you love him. He can do the most self-less acts but immediately corresponds by doing something horrible. He’s a fucking jigsaw puzzle,” We laughed heartily at Sookie’s metaphor, knowing that everything she said was completely true.

            “I think I’m going to go to Merlotte’s tonight and get smashed. I need to get back onto my sleep schedule. Plus I miss Sam,” I informed Sookie, finishing off my sandwich that I had made; it really hit the spot.

            “Sure, I’ll join you! I haven’t had fun in too long,” I smiled at Sookie and made my way through the house to the bathroom. I needed to piss like it was my job.

               -----------------------------------------------------------------------

“Sam! Oh my god I miss you so much,” I practically shouted as I entered Merlotte’s. I usually don’t make scenes but I just felt the need to exclaim how much I missed Sam to everyone who would listen. He chuckled at how absurd I was acting tonight. “Get me four shots of your hardest liquor, I’m getting smashed tonight,” Sam smirked at my request and began pouring shots.

“What about you, Sookie? It’s been so long since I’ve seen you drink it’s almost unbelievable seeing you here,” Sookie giggled at his words and shrugged.

“I just need to have some fun! It’s been so long. Get me the same as her,” He smiled widely at the both of us, enjoying our good-nature tonight.

“I’ve missed you Shelbs. Everyone in this goddamn bar is just so—so—god I don’t know how to even explain what they are,” I laughed loudly at Sam’s sentence, enjoying the fact that Sam enjoys my company as much as I enjoy his. The liquor must be working. It’s so damn strong that it burns the back of my throat. I throw my head back, swallowing the last bit of alcohol.

“Ahh,” I slam down my shot glass, smiling widely at Sookie who is also smiling widely. Her and Sam were engaged in a conversation. Ignoring them for a brief moment I scanned the bar, looking for anyone who I might know. I spotted Jason sitting at a booth with some friends and I smirked.

Standing up from the barstool I strutted over to where Jason and his crew were, smiling. He looked up at me with a huge smile on his face.

“Shelby, hey! How are you,” I plopped down next to Jason, facing him.

“I’ve been great! What about you,” He gave me a short ‘I’m fine’ before pointing at the guy sitting across from him at the table.

“This is Hoyt and the one in front of you is Grey,” I waved at the two guys in front of me, smiling as wide as I could. My stomach felt warm and my body was numb.

“Hi Hoyt, Hi Grey, I’m Shelby,” I managed to slur out of my mouth. They glanced at each other before laughing amongst themselves. “What’s so funny you guys,” My vision began to become unfocused and the room was spinning.

That’s when I knew I was going to black out.