04: Honestly?

Jason Stackhouse is a total character. After his cheesy pickup line I could not help but burst out in a grin and invite him to sit down with me. Sam had heard the whole thing and also chuckled when he heard it. We all sat around all day and talked between each other, exchanging stories and memories. Jason really was a deeper person than he comes off at first. A lot of people probably do not realize that though. The thought makes me sad.

            “Jason, you’re deep,” I emphasize is dramatically, leaning against him with my hand resting against my forehead. Jason smiles down at me fondly and gives me an award winning smile.

            “I know, Shells, I know,” I really liked the new nickname he had given me. Maybe I just liked him, I couldn’t tell at the moment. I could tell though that I had one to many drinks and I was feeling the buzz. My head was swimming and I wasn’t quite sure what I was going on around me.

            “I think I need to eat something to kill my buzz. I’ve had one to many drinks Sam,” I slurred out, resting my head on the bar, still gazing at Jason. He was watching me intently, smiling at me the whole time. I didn’t feel uncomfortable around him and was quite used to him staring. Jason was a womanizer, I learned, and all the woman in the bar practically fell over him when they walked by. It made me smile as I watched him work his magic.

            After Jason had sat down I explained to him that I was not here to start a relationship or to have sex with anyone, just here for some business, and some relaxation pleasure. He insisted that he show me pleasure and I politely declined. Jason just was not my type of guy. Jason, though, would definitely make a great friend.

            “What do you want on the menu,” Sam’s voice was really close to my ear so I turned to see him leaning against the bar right in front of me, staring down at me. I smiled widely at him and pretended to think.   

            “What would you recommend to me, Sam,” I looked up at Sam flirtatiously and saw his eyes dance with humor. I glanced over at Jason to see him chatting with a busty brunette that had been staring him down for the last ten minutes. I chuckled to myself and looked back at Sam with the flirtiest eyes I could muster up.

            “Honestly,” he asked, leaning closer to me, his face inches away from mine. I smirked at looked into his baby blues. Something in his eyes reminded me of a cute border collie; I had to refrain from petting Sam’s hair. Man, I really am buzzed.

            “Honestly,” I whispered, glancing down at his lips. Sam smirked and chuckled to himself.

            “Nothing,” my face must have been priceless because Sam laughed loudly and shook his head. How could someone say that about their own bar and grill? I pondered on the question for a couple seconds before just dropping the question.

            “You know, usually when someone owns their own Bar and Grill, they actually like some of the items on the menu. I’ll have some chicken fingers with fries—or can I get a cup of fruit? Strawberries and pineapples sound so good right now…,” Sam nodded and wrote my order down on the notepad, not answering if he had fruit or not. Oh well.

            “Do you want water with lemon,” Sam glanced over at. I nodded. He remembers what I drink besides alcohol! Yay! I chuckled to myself as I watch Sam plop a lemon into my water.

            “Thanks Sam, you’re the best!”

            “Sookie say wha—,”

            “It really isn’t my choice. When Eric summons someone they have to be there or he will force them. I would rather not go myself,” Sookie explained further. Bill was waiting for us when we returned home from a long day at Merlotte’s. He explained to us that Eric has summoned Sookie, Bill, and I to be at his bar ‘Fangtastia’ tonight to sit with him. I did not want to see anymore of Eric since our incident the other night.

            “God damn him,” I curse, feeling my anger flare. I really was not in the mood to deal with him. I was feeling happy and relaxed. Seeing Eric would ruin my good mood completely and leave me feeling shitty.

            “I know. I’ll help you get dressed. You don’t wanna look like bait,” I glanced at Sookie with humor dancing in my eyes. Was she being serious right now? “Yes, I’m serious. The first time I went I was practically asking to get bit. I wore the cutest white and yellow floral pattern dress,” She spaced out remembering the night. I shook my head, not even questioning how Sookie answered my unasked question. Body language.

            “Well hello Sookie. Don’t you just look delicious,” A blonde vampire standing in front of the doors of ‘Fangtasia’ cooed at Sookie, looking at her with flirtatious eyes. I looked in between Sookie and the blonde, wonderment written all of my face. “Who’s this,” her voice became cold, looking me up and down. Sookie and I had decided on a pair of dark wash skinny jeans, a gray tank top, an emerald green long sleeved shirt to match my eyes, and my gray leather jacket. I chose a pair of black converse I brought for casual wear.  “She looks almost as delicious as you Sookie,” I couldn’t help but blush at her comment, not knowing what way she meant it. “I’m Pam, sweetie. If you’re looking for a good time…well,” She trailed off and I almost choked on my spit. “Eric’s waiting for you though, so hurry your asses up before he takes a bite out of one of you,” Bill snorts at her comment but nods curtly at Pam.

            Pam’s eyes flatten in response and she glowered at him as he walks by her and takes Sookie’s hand into his own, intertwining their fingers.

I feel like a third wheel right now.