08: Blindsided

“I like the shirt on you,” the comment caused me to roll my eyes. I couldn’t believe that I had lost track of so much time! Bill slightly smirked at Eric’s comment but quickly replaced it with his ‘game-face’ (as I like to call is). The sales lady was practically drooling over the both of them giving me the space to slink back into my dressing room to change. I guess I’ll buy the shirt. It does compliment my body.

            I opened my dressing room door to see the sales clerk chatting it up with Eric who looked bored out of his skull. Bill was standing next to him raising an eyebrow; the sales lady was probably being very unprofessional. I decided to save Eric from the torture and cleared my throat. The woman spun around on her heels to look at me. Her eyes were wide as if she had forgotten my existence.

            “I’m buying this,” I said simply, walking over to the register to pull out my debit card. She hurried to get behind the register and typed in her username and password. She glanced nervously at me as if she expected me to explode on her. If she keeps looking at me like this I might.

            “That will be ten seventy,” I swiped my card through the machine and hit cancel for credit. I always have run my debit card as credit. It’s a whole lot safer than punching in your pass code! The receipt machine was the only noise heard through the room. I grabbed the receipt and my shirt before she could say or do anything and hurried out the door, feeling slightly uncomfortable at the silence. Plus the fact that Eric and Bill won’t stop staring at me!  “Have a nice day,” the clerk’s voice was barely heard as my feet hit the pavement.

            “Late night shopping,” Eric and Bill caught up and occupied each of my sides. I glanced at Eric and snorted.

            “I’ve been shopping all day. I was looking for something to do and then it turned into a mission. I hate spending a day shopping and not finding anything,” Bill and Eric smiled at my statement. We arrived at my Honda’s parking space and I turned to look at Bill and Eric. “Who drove? Or did you both just speed-walk over here,” I raised an eyebrow, hoping that I didn’t have to drive them to Sookie’s.

            “We speed-walked,” Bill was the one to speak up. He was humoring the fact that I was calling their lightning speed speed-walking. I huffed out air and stomped to the other side of the car, unlocking all of the doors.

            “Get in then,” I ducked under the door frame, careful not to slam my head into the side of my car like I usually do. Can’t look stupid in front of the big bad vampires! “Is Sookie at home or is she working tonight,” Eric had sat in the front seat by me and Bill was occupying the backseat of my car.

            “She had to work,” Bill answered, sounding a little disappointed. I can understand why though! It seems like they never spend any time with each other! Oh well, not all relationships mean that you have to spend every waking moment with one another! Sookie does work a job and Bill is designing a…’vampire dictionary’ I guess you can call it.

            I served up some hot Tru Blood to Eric and Bill. I’ve never warmed the stuff up let alone see it in person. I’ve heard some stories about it but never have I ever come in contact with it. I guess you see new things everyday! Bill was kind enough to help me figure out how to heat it up. Eric just sat at the kitchen table smirking at my mis-knowledge of it.  I was to slap the smirk right off his stupid face.

            “Okay, okay. As you both know I have finished coding and designing your websites. I figured I would kill two birds with one stone and present them to you guys at one time so I don’t have to waste anymore time piddling around. Bill, here is your website. I’ve written the URL down here on the paper,” I slid the paper over to Bill and watched as he glanced at it and placed it in his shirt pocket, “and here is the website itself. Feel free to click around. If you don’t like something let me know and I’ll change it ASAP.”

            Eric and I sat quietly as we watched Bill click around on the website, nodding his head from time to time in approval. When he was finished looking around the website he slid the computer towards me. I glanced at him waiting for his likes and dislikes.

            “I like it. How will I add my information,” I grabbed the laptop and pulled up the website he could use to edit his information. I quickly showed him what to do and how to do it. He nodded his head and commented on how simple and easy it was.

            “Okay, now Eric,” I pulled up Eric’s website and slid it towards him, “Here’s your website. You wanted something you could sell your merchandise on. It’s as simple and easy as Bill’s. I’ve written your URL down on a piece of paper also. Here’s how to add more items, a price, and the description,” I got up and stood behind Eric, placing the URL paper in his hand and reaching over his shoulder to show him how to add his items and such.

            “Seems easy enough, as Bill said,” I nodded and stood up, smiling in satisfaction. “How long will you be in town now that you’ve finished business,” I looked away from Eric and Bill’s gaze, feeling on the spot from Eric’s question.

            “Probably not long; another week at most,” I frowned a bit thinking about how much I’ll miss Sam, Jason, and Sookie! Ugh, this is why you don’t meet new people and connect with them from new towns, idiot!

            “Then allow me to take you out on a date as a thanks for the website,” My head whipped in Eric’s direction.

            Did he seriously just ask me out on a date?