14: Mrs. Shelby Moore

It's been seven months since I've seen Sookie Stackhouse and her group of crazy, exotic friends. I had caught my plan early the next morning and headed off into the sunrise towards my next destination: vacation. It had been a very emotional point in my life that year.

I have never heard from Eric Northman since. He just disappeared off the face of the planet, never to been seen or heard from ever again. I was extremely upset about it, at first, but time does heal all wounds.

Alex was shining in exuberance when I came back from my adventure. The excitement radiating off me had made me suspicious and when I finally got him to spit out whatever he was holding in, I have to say I was extremely surprised. Alex was going to be a father. During my vacation he and a girl he met at a hole-in-the-wall coffee shop hooked up and the rest is history.

I was so shocked and excited. And that's how I am currently in the situation I am facing. I glance around and take in the scenario in front of me, beaming with excitement. Ellie, Alex's now fiancé, had done up the place with pink ribbons and gigantic bows, banners were strewn across the walls and confetti littered the floors and table tops.

Ellie's friends were currently guessing how big she was around, one of those baby shower games you play to win the prizes. I was here just for moral support. Ellie and I had become exceptionally close since I met her; I figured it would make it easier for Alex and me to maintain our friendship.

My phone buzzed in my pocket, alerting me that I had a textual message. I wiggled my new iPhone 6 plus out of my pocket, admiring how huge the device was, before unlocking it and checking my messages. My heart practically stopped beating in my chest when I realized who it was, the name in bold on the top of the screen.

"Eric Northman" I whispered under my breath, gritting my teeth together. It's not like I'm not over him or whatnot, it's just that I haven't seen or heard from him since he completely ignored me after a wonderful date. That's not what is important at this time, what is important is the message he left for me.

"I want to see you again, Mrs.Moore," oh hell no. I shut my eyes and set the phone face down in my lap, pinching my forefinger and thumb against the bridge of my nose. This can NOT be happening. I breathe out slowly and open my eyes back up. Five of the six girls are pouring while once is punching the air with her fist in victory. I'm guessing she was the closet in length of Ellie's stomach. Good for her.

I stood up and quietly slipped out the back door and scrolled through my contacts looking for a specific number.

"Come on, come on, come on," I whined, swiping furiously before stopping on a certain name and punching the phone icon with urgency. I quickly put it up to my ear and listen to the phone line ring, awaiting for the second party to pick up their side of the line.

"Hello," my breath left me and suddenly I was at a loss for words. "Shelby? Are you okay? If you're butt dialing me I swear to god I will be so-" I quickly cut them off.

"Sookie it's me, I just, I wanted to call and telling you, actually I don't know why I thought telling you this right now was important but I did, wait what time is it in Bon Temp" I heard Sookie laugh at my current state.

"Same time as you, Hun" I smacked my forehead immediately making a 'duh' look on my face.

"Oh gosh, I'm stupid sometimes. Anyways, Eric Northman texted me, saying he wants to see me". Sookie stayed silent on her side of the line and I had to check to make sure we were still connected. I finally heard her breathe out of her mouth, preparing herself for what she was gonna tell me next.

"Shelby, we need to talk."