03: Long nights and Cheesy Pick-up Lines

“Shelby,” Eric tests my name on his lips. I turn towards him. “You code websites? How interesting…maybe you could be of service to me,” he smiles over at me. I feel chills runs up my spine, wondering what his actual meaning of the phrase was. He wants your body, your blood. Nothing else.

            “For a price Mr.…,” I leave my phrase hanging, waiting for a last name.

            “Northman. Eric Northman,” I nod and walk past Eric, brushing my shoulder against his briefly. Sookie looks relieved and links her arm with mine in a protective manner. You can’t save us from vampires Sookie.

            “Bye Bill! Eric,” Sookie adds venom in Eric’s name. Why is she not fond of Eric? Eric snorts in response and smirks at her knowingly.

            “Don’t ask,” I quickly look at Sookie. Could she know my unspoken questions? Probably body language, I was always easy to read. “Eric’s not someone you want to get involved with. Trust me,” there’s a tone in Sookie’s voice. Do they have a past together? I look up at Sookie to see a pained expression and my eyes soften. Poor Sookie!

            “Money is Money, Sookie. Got to take what you can get,” she smiles sadly over at me in response. I’m glad she can understand.

            “Can the both of you just SHUT UP,” my voice is firm and my eyes are stricken. My patience has been worn thin and I think I’m about to punch both of them. Bill and Eric look over at me amused at my outburst. I rub my temples and sigh loudly, displeased with their attitudes. They seriously hate each other and I have no idea why. They fight over everything. For being a couple hundred years old they act like children. “You both need to stop bickering if you want this done fast and easy,” Bill nods at me solemnly while Eric smirks, his eyes shining with excitement.

            “What if we’re trying to keep you here for as long as possible? You’re a real nice view,” Eric purrs, his smirk only widening as I gape in his direction. Was he seriously flirting with me? No way in hell are you getting a taste of this, Mr. Northman!

            “We’re done here, Bill,” I start packing up the papers that have been scattered across Bill’s lovely antique coffee table. Eric’s smirk quickly turns into a frown, displeased that I am not falling for his charm. Bill stands up as I do and follows me towards the door.

            “Mrs. Morre, what about our business,” Eric tilts his head to the side, staring right at me. His icy blue eyes felt like they were piercing right through me and I squirm under his gaze. My own gaze falls on Bill whose face is contorted with anger.

            “We have no business, Mr. Northman. All you have done all night is bicker with Bill about some unknown issue and I’m frankly tired. Listening to the two of you fight like children has worn me out and I am done babysitting. Goodnight Mr. Northman, Bill,” I nod at Bill and make my way towards the grand double doors that allows me access to outside.