N I N E

ARES

"What do you mean he's gone?" I snarled at the council, my sister sitting on her elevated chair like it was a real life throne "Where the hell is he?" 

There were murmurs all around me but I didn't care what they had to say. 

"Prince Orion..." Alpha Christian of the Nevada Pack, began, clearing his throat "Has informed us, rather late, that he has some business to attend to regarding some leads that could potentially affect our Pack." 

"And I don't suppose the Council knows what this said business is?" I asked dryly. 

"Ares..." Kassi said softly "That information is strictly confidential."  

I growled in frustration and a few wolves in the front row bristled. 

"If I may..." Alpha Douche interrupted from his seat in the second row "If you wish to know more about your brother's whereabouts Little Prince, than I would have suggest that you..." 

"Finish that sentence and I will rip your tongue from your abnormally small head and shove it up your remarkably large ass." 

I heard Kaden's muffled laughter and Rhys discreet cough to cover up his laugh. 

Kassi hid her smile behind a piece of paperwork, no doubt the schedule for the day. 

Alpha Douche flushed red and stood in outrage "How dare-!" 

I waved him away and focused my attention on my sister  "You're dismissed." 

Kassi stood and clapped, drawing back the attention from the loud whispers in the room. 

"How about we call it a day?" she suggested politely "Shall we?" 

A majority of the Alphas nodded and filed out of the Council room, murmuring amongst themselves. 

Kaden stood from his seat and stretched his arms high above his head. 

"Thank god" he cracked his neck "If I had to listen to another one of those geezers talk about their financial problems, or lack of funds, I would have jumped out the window." 

I glanced at him "There isn't any windows in here." 

"There would be" he grinned at me "Once my body made an outline of where it should be when I jumped." 

Kassi snickered. 

"Talking about geezers" Rhys said dryly "Are you up there in age old man? How old are your kids now? Twenty-one? Thirty?"