S I X

Ares 

My sister stood in front of our living room, tapping her foot against the hardware floor, giving me the scariest glare of the century. 

Rhys sat on the couch opposite of ours, playing with Mars like it was his own son. 

"Why didn't you tell me what was going on?" My sister asked, hurt lacing her tone "I would have helped you." 

I sighed, feeling slightly guilty "I.." 

"That's my fault" Madi said, grasping my hand and squeezing "I begged him to not tell anyone I was here." 

"Your sisters going to be so pissed off" Rhys said, grinning at a giggling Mars. 

Madi winced. 

Kassi looked at Rhys with hearts in her eyes and longing on her face. 

My heart ached, sad to see my sister so sad. 

"I know" she sighed "But if I told her what happened with my Ex, she'll fly to New York and kill him with her bare hands." 

"Do you blame her?" Kassi said softly "You're her baby sister." 

Madi stayed quiet. 

I cleared my throat, redirecting everyone's attention. 

"Can we get back to the matter of hand?" 

"Yes, of course" Kassi said "Tell me what happened?" 

"Some weirdo showed up on our doorstep, begging me to let him in" I frowned "Because of a flat tire or something. He was pretty adamant about it but my wolf and I felt that something wasn't right. So we told him to get lost and called the cops." 

Rhys frowned and stood, looking out our window. 

"This house is hard to find because it's so far off the road" he said, handing Mars to Kassi "There's no way he could have found it on its own." 

"Maybe he got lucky?" Madi suggested "Maybe he just started walking and found our house?" 

"No possible" Kassi said "There's no property signs listed on the main roads nor is the house easy to spot unless the person has specific directions how to get here." 

My heart started pounding "So what are you saying?" 

"I'm not saying anything for sure" Kassi said, bouncing Mars on her hip "But tell me again what he looked like."