T H R E E

Ares

Within two hours, my car was fixed and Max's dad was handing me over the keys to his cabin.

"Now there might be some things you need to fix up when you get there" Tony, Max's dad said, wiping his greasy hands on his jean "Mostly electrical but Max said you were a genius when it comes to stuff like that"

I smiled sheepishly "Guilty"

"Well good" he smiled at me "Then it shouldn't be a problem for you to fix"

"Thanks Mr. Young" I said, handing him the envelope full of cash to cover six months worth of rent.  

"Anytime son" He hugged me "Now do you still remember how to get there?"

"Yes" I said with full confidence "Let me just get my friend and we'll be out of your hair" 

"By friend, do you mean the cute brunette talking to Nicolette?" He raised an eyebrow "The one that's been looking at you ever since you stepped outside?"

I turned and sure enough, my eyes immediately locked with my Mate's. 

I gave her a little grin and she blushed red, turning away from me and dragging a grinning Nikki to the back. 

"Yeah" I smiled "That's my friend" 

"Girlfriend" Tony cough out behind his fist, wiggling his eyebrows when I looked at him. 

I rolled my eyes and headed back inside the diner "We're just friends" 

"Mhmmm..." 

The bells on the diner door chimed as I opened it, ignoring the other patrons, and heading straight for the kitchen. 

When Gene, Lorelei's brother and the head chef saw me, he nodded his head and grunted towards the back office. 

"Thanks Gene!" I called out and the only response I got back was another grunt. 

When I finally got to the back office, I leaned against the door frame and smiled at the scene in front of me. 

"You really don't have to leave" Nikki sniffled into my Mate's shoulder, her arms squeezing tighter "I can kick Alex's ass out" 

Madi chuckled, stepping back and wiping the tears from her eyes "I can't let you do that" 

"Madison, I'd do anything for you and my Godson" Nikki said fiercely "That includes throwing my boyfriend out" 

"I know you would" Madi hugged her friend again "But I think it's time that we venture out on our own now" 

"Are you sure?" 

"It's time" Madison nodded "I'm ready now"