T E N

Ares 

I peaked out the peephole and with a relieved breath, I swung the door open. 

Mia pushed me aside and marched in my parents house, Matt quickly following behind her. 

"Where is she?" Mia seethed, her eyes scanning the living room as quickly as she could before traveling towards the kitchen "Where is my sister?!" 

There was a quiet squeak, then a soft curse, and I turned in time to see my wide eye Mate silently  plead with me to distract her sister while she made an escape. 

I smirked and nodded my head to the foyer where Mia was continuing the hunt for her sister.

Madi narrowed her eyes at me and in their pretty depths I could read one word. 

Revenge. 

Suddenly, a very pregnant and surprisingly agile, Mia let out a battle cry and leapt at her sister. 

Madi's eyes widened and she only had a split second to react and catch her older sister.

Matt was too slow for his pregnant wife. 

"Mia" he growled out "The baby..." 

She ignored him and locked tightly onto her sister. 

"You're really here" Mia cried, petting her sister's hair "It's really you." 

"Hey sis" Madi said softly, trying to comfort her older sister even if her arms were being pinned to the side. 

Suddenly, Mia pulled back and began pinching the exposed skin on Madi's body. 

"Ow Ow OW!" Madi cried, trying to pull away from her sister "That hurts!" 

"You think that hurts?!" Mia growled "Imagine finding out that your missing sister has been back in town this whole time without once coming home to her family!" 

Madi looked away in shame, her face turning red "I'm...." 

Before Madi came in, Kassi walked in with Mars in her arms. 

"Who was at the door..." her smile turned into surprise when she saw one of her best friends at the door "Oh hey guys."

Mia and Matt's mouths dropped open. 

Mia squinted and then looked at her sister, then me, and then back to baby Mars. 

He was obliviously unaware, choosing to look up at my sister and reach for her curls.