T W E L V E

*Warning: Chapter Contains mention of Child Loss, childhood illness, and mourning. If these topics make you uncomfortable, please skip the chapter and wait until the next update for a Chapter Recap. Reader discretion is advise. Enjoy. 

Ares 

"Kassiopeia?!" I yelled as soon as I stepped foot in her house "Kassi, where are you?!" 

"Ares...calm down" Madi said softly from behind me "You don't want to add anymore stress to her situation." 

My brother-in-law rounded the corner, pale as a ghost. 

"Where is she?" I asked, rushing towards him "Rhys, what happened? Where is my sister?" 

"Attacked" he choked out, leaning against the wall "We were...attacked." 

"Where?" I snarled, my Wolf on high alert, "When?" 

"An hour ago" he leaned against the wall "We were just coming home from a movie when a car on the opposite lane swerved into ours. It clipped our bumper and spun us around in the lane. Suddenly, the car behind us sped up and rammed into our car. Kassi's side particularly." 

"Where were your guards?" 

"Dead" he whispered "They were killed at the movie theaters without our knowledge. Throats slashed. The killers took their phone and pretended to be them for our hourly check in. That's how they knew what road we were on since I make it a habit to change our routes home daily." 

"Did you catch anyone?" I asked, my Wolf pacing back and forth in barely contained rage. 

While I was normal a very peaceful type of man that hated conflict in general, I knew that when it came to my family's wellbeing, all bets were off. 

I'd be damned if anyone ever tried to take them away from me again. 

"I killed one of them" he said, eyes still glazed over "But I couldn't leave Kassi. The others took off when they saw me shred their friend to pieces." 

"Did you get a good look at them?" 

He shook his head "They were wearing masks." 

"What kind of masks?" 

"Those drama ones" he said, leaning his head back against "They were black. Metallic. One half of the mask smiling, the other one frowning." 

Thalia and Melpomene

The faces of Tragedy and Comedy. 

I was about to comment on it when the Pack Doctor and his daughter, the new Pack Doctor-in-Training, came from the room that housed my sister with matching grim expressions on their faces.