VI

"Mommy!" I hugged her.

"Oh baby. I'm sorry for what happened. She will be okay, it'll all be okay." she patted my back. I pulled away from her.

"Where are the others?" I asked.

"They're all inside with Seulgi's parents. Why don't you go there, I'll just go buy something to eat." she tries to remove my hold and guide me to the room but somehow I just stand frozen.

"Irene?" mommy called out for me. "What's important is, she's okay now." she held out my face. I smiled at her. I feel hear wipe a tear.

"She's still in coma mom." I said in a weak tone. "I don't think I can handle seeing her like that mom." this time I bawl out.

"I understand if you don't want to see her in this state." I heard someone talk from behind, I face her, it's Seulgi's mom. She come up to me and held both my hands. "But please, she needed you the most now. Your presence is most important than anyone's, at least for her."

"Auntie..."

"Please Irene." I look behind Seulgi's mom and I see her standing there, crying.

"Don't worry Auntie. I'll go see her but I won't go inside." Seulgi's mom look at me confused. "Just yet." I hugged her "will you excuse me?" I let go she just nodded. I walk passed by her.

I walk straight I tried grabbing the hem of Seulgi's shirt, hopping I can still hold her, and I did. I can sense she was shocked but I ignored it. At this point, I know I'm the only one who can see her.

"Follow me." I whispered, still making sure she heard me. I just walk straight to the elevator. When I got inside, I press the top floor.

"We need to figure out this shit that's happening." I said furiously. She wasn't answering but I do hear her sobs. I can't look at her now, if I do, I'm sure I'll cry again with her.

When we reached the rooftop that's when I faced her. She's wiping her tears away but it just keeps on falling more. I felt my eyes start to water again.

"Seulgi-yah." I called out for her.

"I'm really sorry to all of you. This is all my fault. Yeri was right, that was a stupid plan. I should've listened to them." she gripped her own hair. I held out her hands. She look up to me.

"This is not your fault, okay? It was an accident, so stop apologizing." I said while I held my cries. "What we need to do now is think and search for any solution. yeah?" she nodded.

She fix herself. She's just in her pajamas now, she still look cute. She is somewhat a spirit now but for me she still looks so real.

"Uuhm, Irene." I look up to her. "Are you really not going to see me?" she's nervous, I can tell. She's playing with her fingers again.

"What do you mean? I'm seeing you now." I said.

"I mean the real me." I know exactly what she meant by it.

"I--I will. Just not now, okay?" To be honest, I don't want to for now. I don't want a real picture on what her state is now. Even now that I can still see and even hold her. It might not be for real, at least it's still her. I will definitely see her, just not now.

"I understand." I see a hint of disappointment in her eyes. I'm sorry.

"Why don't we start finding a solution now. Did you try merging with your body?" I asked.

"I did." She plainly said.

"Well, I guess it did not work. Ummn." I don't know what to do anymore.

"Why don't you search something like my case in the internet. It can give us more ideas."

"You're right." I got my phone from pocket. I went to my office to get it first, before coming here. Maybe I was just slowing myself down because I was afraid of reaching the hospital that soon. When I opened my phone, I stopped. I look at her.

"I guess you really did miss me a lot." she chuckled a little. My wallpaper was her. I usually put my own photo. I didn't even put our photo on my lockscreen. That's why she's shocked by it.

"Your guess is right." I smiled at her. "Now let's do this, operation getting you back to your body, work." I said.

"Fighting!" she shouted. I'm lucky I  still have my cute bear with me.

We were just searching then listing the solutions we found. I'm willing to try everything we listed just to have her back.

"It's sunrise already love. You haven't sleep yet." I look up and she's right.

"It's fine. I don't think I can sleep. Let's continue this." I went back my focus on my phone.

"Love you need to take some rest." She said.

"No. I need to just finished this up in order for us to work on this when the day comes." I said.

"That's a lot of result you have there beachu. You can't finish it up before the day comes. You need--"

"I need you! I'm willing to not sleep or even have rest for how many days, if that means I can bring you back to me!" I didn't realize I was already shouting at her. She looked at me frozen. "Sorry." I said in a lower tone now.

"Beachu you need to go rest. I don't want you not taking care of yourself. We can fix all of this in a slower pace." she said.

"If we do that, what if we'll be too late already." I said meeting those eyes. She smiled at me.

"Don't think that. I won't leave you, I can't leave you." she kissed my temple and guided me up. "Let's get you home now."

"You're coming with me?" I asked.

"I won't leave you, remember?" I smiled at that. We went down back to her room. I meet the girls. They run up to me.

"Where did you go unnie!!" Yeri smack me.

"Yah!" I was planning on getting back at her when Wendy spoke.

"We were looking for you. Auntie said you just went off somewhere, she said we need to give you time. I suppose you had enough time already, since you're here now. Do you want to see her?" she asked. The rest of them was waiting for my answer. I look at Seulgi that's already beside Wendy.

"Sorry but no." I said. "I just came here to inform you, I'll go home." I see Seulgi look down.

"What?!" Wendy shouted. "You just got here! And now you're leaving without even glancing at Seulgi, who is now lying on that hospital bed." Her tone was a little higher this time. She was about to go near me when Joy stopped her.

"Unnie, are you sure you are not going inside. At least take a glimpse?" Joy said. I shake my head off. It's final. I don't want to see her on that hospital bed and also see her standing infront of me. I'm a coward, I know, but I'm scared of reality. That even if Seulgi assured me that nothing worst will happen, I'm still scared of possibilities that Seulgi might not come back. Seeing double of her, in two different states, will just give me more negative thoughts.

"Unnie?!" it was Yeri this time.

"Seulgi needs you most now Unnie, and your just gonna walk away?!" Wendy shouted again. Wendy's Seulgi's best friend, I do understand what she's feeling.

"I'm not walking away. I need to go have some rest, like what Seulgi would want me to do." I said.

"Seulgi unnie would want you to stay by her side while she fight for her life." this time it was Joy who answered. I look at Seulgi with her head down low. Is that what you want bear? She look up to me and smiled. I can't read her again.