| Prologue |

| Prologue |

5 years ago...

It was high noon at the Wolf Moon Pack when more than half of the pack members gathered around the battle training grounds.

At any other time, not all pack members were allowed to cross over to this area. It was normally prohibited for regular pack members to enter this side of the land unless they were here for the mandatory pack training which had always been required for the pack to attend—for both male and female—no matter what rank they have in the pack. Today had become an exception to the rules, as the whole pack were invited to witness the annual pack assessment trial to elect the new batch of Enforcers to protect the pack's grounds.

At times, there would even be a few pack members who would take the chance to offer a challenge for the higher ranks, since the Alpha had opened more than one spot for each of the upper ranks in order to help him lead such a massive pack with its diverse pack members.

Unlike any other packs, Wolf Moon Pack was comprised of not only a colony of werewolves as their pack members, but with other shifters as well.

As one of the surviving packs from the East region that had remained strong and united ever since the end of the Blood War, surviving through various progression periods after the war which had left the shifters community struggling under a long period of dark times—with pack and land disputes, hunger, terrible droughts, the long period of grief, and most recently, The Rogue Wars—Wolf Moon Pack continued to thrive and grow, remaining resilient against the change of time, and had opted to open its borders to welcome all the broken packs and families of shifters that had lost their homelands from the continuous wars. It was the reason why there were a variety of shifters spread through the training grounds, both from the ones sparring and battling for their ranks and the spectators watching and cheering for them on the sidelines.

Today, just like any other pack assessment trials, the training grounds came to life. Spectators cheered loudly to support the warriors who were battling against one another at the center of the training ground. Warriors fought in both human forms and in their beast forms—wolves, lions, panthers—all paired in two as they fought using both their physical forces and their special techniques to defeat their opponents. The ground kept on shaking as bodies kept hitting each other. Fists against fists, claws against claws. More often than not, a beast would display their canines at its opponent, even if it would serve as nothing else but an act of intimidation and not enough to hurt more than what was necessary.

The scent of blood wafted through the air as more and more warriors were covered in injuries, while the warriors continued to battle, taken over completely with their desire to win to notice the wounds forming on their bodies. Roars and growls echoed through the valleys, announcing their animosity and releasing their rage during the fight, both to flaunt their powers and to intimidate their opponents.