| Eight |

Three summers later...

The open dining room in the packhouse is rather crowded for dinner time tonight.

While this seems to be a normal occurrence in the packhouse during this time of the night, with more than half of the pack members enjoying the buffet that has been served by the kitchen's staff while some are still nursing their sore muscles after dealing with the rigorous training or from working hard all day to keep the pack running, there is something different with all the bustling happening in the room.

For once, the conversation shared around the tables have nothing to do with the meal or how hard Alpha Namjoon and Beta Seokjin had pushed them all through today's training. There is a mixture of excitement and agitation shared in the murmuring conversation, while the males seem to be sizing each other up, as if each one is looking for some competition. But hints of concern are also there, the uncertainty that the members of the pack are feeling is written in their eyes and in the way they seem to be treading carefully among each other as if something is about to break.

Judging by the tension that keeps brewing among everyone, it wouldn't be surprising if one of these days, Jungkook would find someone or something actually falling apart. And it will not only happen within the pack but also with the entire community of shifters that is currently in the middle of turmoil.

Within the past month, everything seems to have shifted within the community of shifters in general, and it has somehow affected the Wolf Moon Pack in the process quite directly. It had all started from the attack against the Alpha and Luna of the Supreme Wolf Pack, the biggest and the most legendary werewolf pack that has been one of the most consequential supporters and alliances for the Wolf Moon Pack. Followed by the discord and rebellion happening within the Supreme Wolf Pack which—according to the whispered rumours—was led by the Alpha's own firstborn daughter and the banishment of the Alpha's second daughter who has since gone missing.

As a consequence of the event that had happened, Alpha Namjoon, who was arranged to take the first daughter of Alpha Woosung, the Alpha from the Supreme Wolf Pack, as his second chance mate, has made the decision to call everything off and had even announced his position to take Alpha Woosung's side. He had also sent out Beta Taehyung on a mission to intercede on behalf of the pack as an alliance while helping to investigate the entire situation before getting involved any further. The Beta has been on leave since, especially since he was also sent out to search for Alpha Woosung's second daughter, the Warrior Princess, to bring her back to safety and to reunite her with her parents in the wake of her sister's mutiny.

With the changes going on around the pack and the dire situation that is currently happening among the shifters community, the pack members have been restless. And everything simply heightens further due to the fact that the next assessment trial is coming soon, especially with what the trial is aiming to gain in regards to the situation.