| Ten |

'Keep running. Don't look back.'

Kitana can hear her brother's voice so clearly inside her head as she continues to run, keeping her eyes forward as she races between the trees. Her lithe figure allows her to slip easily between the branches and bushes coming into her path as she runs in her fox form, while her heightened senses become the perfect tools to help her dash through the night.

She can hear the steady thumps and pads following from behind, letting her know that her brothers are still running close, chasing her tail while making sure that their pursuers would lose them in the dense forest. Her werewolf brothers remain at the far back, acting as defenders while letting their smaller siblings and a few other female members who are with them to run in the front for their swift escape. The pattern had been decided ever since they first departed from their last hideout, and so far, it has given them an advantage that they are most grateful for as they travel across the continent to find their sanctuary in the land which belongs to the Wolf Moon Pack.

While she knows that she is safe by running so far ahead, she hates not being able to fight and defend her family. Her fox form is too small for her to join the battle if it ever occurs, unlike her brothers who are somehow larger in size as males. Her bow and arrows have no use unless she is in her human form, where she could stand tall and great as she aims them at her enemies.

But at least she is still the better tracker compared to her brothers, so her position at the front would not be as vain as she has made it to be. She still plays her role for her small pack as the guide to lead their way, finding the right paths which would lead them to their destination. Though it doesn't stop her from grieving about her inability to defend her family while doing so.

With her mind trailing towards what could have been, Kitana loses her focus for a brief moment that she comes close to hitting a massive tree suddenly emerging on her path. Her paws skid along the wet trail as she tries to avoid a collision, kicking off mud in her escape, and she manages to sidestep at the very last second and returns to the correct path.

'Watch where you're going!' she hears Felix, the brother who is running the closest to her, snapping at her.

'Shit. I'm sorry!'

'Be careful, we need to get there in one piece. We need to get you there in one piece,' he reminds her, and Kitana forces herself to focus on running and make sure not to have her mind wandering off again.

Aside from her resentment of not being able to fight with her brothers, Kitana has her own reason to keep losing focus. Ever since they all left their last shelter at the other end of these woods, she has been feeling something—odd. There is a peculiar feeling vaguely growing inside her, haunting her, swirling unsteadily to cause her nerves to spike up while she keeps on running. Sometimes, her sense would pick up a faint whiff of a sweet scent that is unfamiliar to her, though the scent makes her tingle in some places and draws her heartbeat to rise whenever it comes to her. And yet she keeps finding herself unable to pursue it as she has no idea where it is coming from or how she keeps sensing this smell no matter where she goes. Even when the scent is gone, there is some kind of a pull beckoning her from a far distance. She can feel the urge to reach out and grab it, though just like the source of the fragrance, she has no idea where the pull is coming from. Only that it keeps telling her to keep running, to keep moving forward, and to remind her not to stop.