| Eleven |

Kitana stays close to her twin, following close behind their oldest brother. She can hear and sense everyone around her conversing to one another; either it is a conversation done between a member of her small pack with the Enforcer who is walking with them or the muted exchange between his brother's friends. But she pays no attention to any of them, once again having her focus stolen by another.

Ever since the former captain, Jeon Junghyun, came to her aid earlier, she has felt some kind of pull towards the wolf that she has yet been able to shake off. It is completely different to what she had felt earlier when she began to sense the indistinct markings of her mating pull and not as strong as what she would perceive as a mating bond, but it still draws her to him in a way she has never felt before. Even his scent is way different to the one which had drawn her towards the pack earlier. Not only the scent from the pack itself, but to the individual scent which she had recognised as the scent of her mate.

When the scent she detected earlier was a mix of something woody and masculine and fresh, Junghyun's scent reminds her more of a seashore and white sand beach.

He is not our mate, she wonders silently to her fox. But why do we feel so strongly for him?

He is also mated, she realises when she catches the sight of the mark on his shoulders and the mixed scents coming from him which only mated shifters would have.

Too busy wondering about all of this and questioning herself silently, Kitana almost stumbles when she steps over through the border, not noticing that she has arrived at the place that she had been so desperate to reach. A pair of arms come to her rescue once again. Only this time, instead of finding one of her brothers as her rescuer, her eyes meet Jisung's concerned gaze as he holds her close.

"Are you sure you don't need anything? You're not hurt?" Jisung keeps asking her while perusing her with his gaze, trying to find any visible wounds on her to give him some reason to take her to the healer.

"I'm fine, Jisung. Really," Kitana immediately says to him. Hiding her uneasiness, she pushes against him gently to stand on her own. "I'll be okay, I promise. I think you'd be more useful to help the others with their stuff," she says, pointing at the other pack members who are lining up behind them with their small bags.

Jisung finds Hyunjin already busy helping out the others and sighs. "Okay, I'll be right back." Giving her one last smile, Jisung turns away to help out the others, while Kitana stays behind and quickly joins her oldest brother who has been watching their exchange.

"The boy likes you," Chan whispers to her while holding back a sly grin.

Before Kitana can give her oldest brother a response, her twin brother, Felix, passes by while grumbling, "And he better not act on it if he wants to keep his tail on his butt."