| Fourteen |

Two days have passed and it seems that time has been moving slower ever since.

The same night after her misadventure, Kitana had woken up from her long nap feeling as if a new life has been given to her. There was a new spark inside her that had brought her hope back. She still has questions about the mating bond and her alleged mate. Tons of them. And yet she has found it even harder to simply sit still and wait, even if she knows that it would be the best thing for her to do.

On that very same night, Kitana had even contemplated an escape. But with her brothers worrying about her and constantly hovering around her like hawks watching every single move she was making, it was hard for her to find a chance to slip away. That was when she decided to wait it out, hoping that once she was able to show that she was fine then everyone would have left her alone.

Except that things didn't turn out to be that easy.

In fact, everyone has been taking turns to watch over her from day and night, from her brothers to their friends, even Minho appeared on the first night to keep her company while Chan was scouting around the compound to make sure that there was no threat coming near. As if the reason for her condition that day was coming from somewhere out there instead of her own mind.

Even if things have become so bothersome, she doesn't have it in her to blame her overprotective brothers and their friends for being so concerned about her. Not when she had to make them all witness her having a meltdown. She can totally understand their fear after what they saw that morning, even if they have been treating her like a fragile being since, as if she would fall and break apart like a piece of glass would.

The only one she can put a blame on at this point is herself. She blames her curiosity and impatience, the two factors that had not only drawn her into venturing out through the pack unnoticed that night, but also to trespass another shifter's property and to stalk around his home while he is away on duty. Nobody knew what had happened that morning and she has yet to tell anyone about it, which has only created more uncertainty between everyone around her.

Things would have been easier if her mate had been around when she arrived at the pack nearly a week ago. All they would need to do is to meet face to face to recognise each other and confirm the mating bond and she would not have to sit still and wait around only to be left in vain.

But tonight, she has decided that she is not going to wait any longer.

Kitana clenches her hands tightly while the clock is ticking. She has been waiting for midnight to come, and yet time seems to either be crawling or staying still. It takes longer than usual for her brothers to fall asleep. Even then, she has felt them checking on her in her bed a few times before they finally stop doing so, and then she waits a little longer until the entire place grows silent before she finally makes her move.