| One |

Present day...

The air inside the Alpha's office is sizzling with tension, and for many reasons to count.

Behind the wooden desk, Alpha Namjoon is standing with his hands propped on top of the desk and his head hanging low, having his eyes locked on the piece of map that has been spread across his desk. Nobody dares to speak as he remains silent, letting the tension grow so thick that Jungkook begins to feel like he could simply grab the letter opener from the Alpha's desk and slice through the air to break it apart if he ever wants to.

Across the room from the Alpha, Jungkook stands guard as one of the Enforcers responsible for guarding the packhouse and for watching over the meeting on behalf of the Alpha.

It was two years ago when Jungkook challenged the assessment trial and claimed a spot as the pack's Enforcer. He was one of the youngest contestants at the time, and yet he was able to secure the position that his older brother had left behind when he moved away to a different pack—the Captain of the North borders.

While everyone in the room remains silent, waiting for the Alpha to speak up, Jungkook's eyes find Namjoon again, studying him closely while he has the chance to.

Only less than a year after Junghyun was appointed as the guard of the North borders, Namjoon had stepped up to challenge his father for the Alpha title. He had won the trial fair and square, and has led the pack with his wisdom and his intelligence ever since. The pack has continued to grow and prosper, with new lands to acquire and its members growing, further proving that the Wolf Moon Pack would remain one of the strongest in the East region.

That was until a year ago, when the tragedy happened.

His fated mate had perished during a retaliation done by a group of rogues that had been defeated by his warriors at the end of the Rogue Wars. The loss had sent him into a dark place, and for months, the entire pack grieved with the Alpha with the same darkness cast above everyone's heads, making the whole pack grow restless in the uncertainty of their future.

Barely surviving the Mating Sickness that had overcome him at the loss of his mate, he had to deal with losing his Betas not too long after. Starting from Beta Jiwon's departure, who had to move away to join his mated daughter at a neighbouring pack after losing his own mate, and then followed by Beta Pax's passing who was ambushed by a group of Hunters on his way home after taking the Alpha's place to deal with pack business with a few alliances.

Ironically, it was the loss of his pair of second-in-commands which had snapped him back into shape to once again claim his position to lead his pack. The Mating Sickness should have been lethal for a wolf, but with the help of his Enforcers and the ranked wolves who had been able to fill in the void in positions to support the Alpha, he managed to bring the pack back in shape until it was running the way it used to even with the absence of his second-in-command that had lasted for quite some time.