Chapter 5.5: The manor ball 2

Dear mother and father in another world...

"Say, can I get more food here?"
"Can one of the doors be shut, theres a terrible draft in here..."
"I don't like this wine, get me a better one please!"

I would love to truly  monologue right now but it didn't seem like I had much time for that... rather if it was busy before then right now it was what I'd imagine a flash sale in a store to be like in terms of hecticness.

Finally the prince had entered the ballroom, as had four of his siblings to boot; but I hadn't so much as had been able to catch a glimpse at them yet after I had my revelation not long ago.  Rather from what I could gather, he had been completely been swarmed by an army of guests, all wishing to go and greet the infamous fourth prince... afterall, he hadn't made a public debut to most of the nobles until this point. Still though... I gave a sigh to myself as I could only glance in the crowded area of the room.  I was having some self doubts currently... I mean I knew that a event like this would be stressful  and a bit of a perspective changer for me but I didn't think it would be to this extent...
"Don't you think the fourth prince is very much like that person...?" I heard a guest who had appeared to have gotten the chance to greet the prince whisper quietly to another as they walked past me, my expression growing ever more placid as I started to hear more of the noble's thoughts on their first impressions of Dante... Haha... I wonder how long it was going to be until he eventually snapped after being poked and prodded the way he was being right now. I was somewhat impressed that he hadn't already, usually it would only take a weird glance from my direction to bring a frown onto his face. 

He wasn't the only one getting attention however... there was also another hive of guests to another side of the room, all in which were definitely greeting the crown prince and all his siblings... he had in fact almost upstaged Dante with the amount of people who had come to see him, I almost felt bad. I wondered if the siblings even got to say hello to Dante at all yet?

"H-Hello...I thought you mentioned that the door had been shut..." A guest commented to me, rubbing their arms with a troubled shudder. Yes that was because it had...
"We shut the one close by, but we can shut a window for you if you like?" I told them with a bow as the guest gave a rather baffled expression...
"Really? Then how come I feel such a cold draft coming from behind me?" They questioned as I curiously glanced over in the direction to check, pretty certain that I shut the door... and it appeared I had... rather the cold energy wasn't coming from outside at all... somehow they seemed to be coming from a certain person. My smile became more stiff as I bowed to the guest.
"I'll see what I can do, please wait a moment..." I told them, before quickly running over to the source.

In the corner of the room over by one of the many catering tables,  a now much more dressed up and neat Harriet now stood over it, emitting an immense cryptic energy.
"So you want your drink extra cold huh?  I'll make it cold but I'll also add a spicy kick to warm you back up afterward..." She appeared to be mumbling to herself as I carefully approached her, a pepper looking vegetable in her hands being held over a glass of juice-
"Harriet, what are you doing..." I questioned cautiously, deciding to end her tirade before she could even begin it. Though the young maid didn't even flinch as she looked back to me, her glasses glinting.
"Miss Silverston, how wonderful you are here, would you like to invent a new drink with me?" She brought up with a shallow laugh- I want you to not get us all thrown in the manor jail cells actually.
"M-maybe not... In fact please put that pepper down, your plotting can be felt across the room..." I told her  in a stern fashion as it seemed Harriet herself wasn't dumb enough to go through with it. She put the pepper down with a sigh.
"It was like this the last ball too... At least last year I could have some more fun- they upped the anti this year in making sure nothing could mess up..." She grumbled to herself. I have a feeling that rules wouldn't be so strict if you didn't have so much fun last year Harriet... Still though I couldn't say I disagreed with her scheming and grumbling. The large portion of the night had been running after arrogant people and fufilling their requests, it was almost like Dante but on steroids...