Chapter 3.3: The village 3

"Are we really sure she is going to be okay?" I double checked on Harriet, who occasionally was still talking in her sleep as we put her inside of the carriage.

"We'll definitely make sure she is put to bed when we get back... I think she will be fine though..." Sana reassured us from the carriage as Felicia spoke up, her eyes faced towards the window the carriage.

"If you are worried about the sleep talking, then don't be so much, I have heard her being told off for it before in the night..." she mentioned as I gave a dry look over to Harriet. So she really did just mutter ominous things in her sleep normally? I really wondered why such a maid existed and if it had anything to do with those imaginary game devs my mind had created.

"That should be it, you ladies can now head off now. I let the driver know and told him to inform Lady Irian once you get back!" Hugo explained to the three as they all nodded, giving their thanks. Lady Irian already seemed rather unnerved at the fact I was riding a royal carriage earlier, I could only imagine how she would react to see three completely new maids and not Hugo in sight when the carriage arrived... maybe it was for the best that I wasn't around to see that.

And no sooner had we helped them in the carriage, had it already started to take off, leaving us stuck in the village square.

"We'll see you all soon! Please be safe on your journey back!" Sana called out of the carriage window, waving to us as the carriage began to ride off. If she wasn't careful, she was going to fall out. I gave a rather concerned wave goodbye in hopes she would retreat back inside as Hugo also waved them off.

"You too! Be safe!" He told them, the carriage slowly vanishing out our sight finally. Well there it went, our one easy way of getting home. I couldn't say I was too disheartened about it, though I still wondered if the person who suggested in question was okay with it. Upon seeing my side glance to him, Hugo gave me a rather care free smile.

"Should we also start going Miss Silverston?" He asked as I gave a rather uncertain expression- well he certainly see,ed okay with it for now.

We began walking back through the village as it seemed that the busy work day was gradually coming to an end. Less people were on the streets and the shops were getting ready for their final hour of being open. It was probably for the best that it was still summer, sunset hadn't really started yet, so potentially if we made a good pace, we could get home before it got too dark.

"Say, how long do you reckon it will take for us to get back?" I asked Hugo after a short walk of silence... Hugo looked at the buildings beside us and then gave a small shrug.

"A little while. We haven't gotten out the village yet" he mentioned as I gave a faint sigh to myself, well that was a given. It appeared that in fact we had detoured a little from where the carriage was heading, I noticed we were walking a lot more smaller streets.

"Is this the right way?" I found myself questioning aloud.

"It is, though this is the longer route if I remember..." Hugo answered as I could only give a slightly stiff expression at this reply. If he remembered? Coming to think of it, he did say he rarely came to the village often alone.

"You sound a little uncertain there Sir Hugo..." I noted as Hugo laughed faintly in response.

"I wouldn't worry too much, besides, if we do get lost, it just makes this more an adventure right Miss Silverston?" He replied in a rather merry and carefree fashion. Sometimes I wished I could have some of his optimism and haphazardness. Though this did raise another question up in my mind.

"What about his highness... I'd imagine you he'd be expecting us back soon?" I pointed out, Hugo remaining quiet for a second... before he shook his head.