Chapter 1.2 : Living a life of a maid...

Dearest mother and father in another world,

How are you?  It has been a few days since I last spoke to you,  however I am here to say that I am fine. 

In fact I have been marvelling at how much energy a young child's body can have. I have been doing chores none stop for the past week or so, and I have not become worn out.  Is this what it's like to have a healthy body?  Back when I was in Tokyo my body got exhausted just by walking too far down the hallway when I could move. It's so odd to feel this light and weightless in an unburdened body. But I feel like with a body like this, I can really do anything.

In these passing few days in my new life, I was slowly starting to adjust to my new life as a maid.

I started batting down one of the many large sets of red satin curtains upon the many large windows down the almost unending hallways of the second floor of the manor house.  Each one of the curtains needed to be dusted off, the head maid said she wouldn't forget even the slightest bit of dust remaining on them.  However, it wasn't as though I was working on my own on such large manor...
"Annie, I'm gonna polish off the windowsill of the the next window" a young girl with blonde curly hair and rather pretty moss green eyes mentioned, peering from behind the next to me, a bright smile on her face as I then smiled at her warmly.
"Uhn, go on ahead" I responded, letting her continue her work as she picked up her bucket and sponge, heading to the next window.  The girl over there who was just a year older than me was called Sana Rejoyce.  She was essentially my senior in the manor house, both in age and experience.  She too had also been adopted as a maid for the manor at the age of thirteen and was now living her life as a younger maid, under the teaching of our head maid.  She had been appointed my guardian as maid for the next few weeks and was showing me all the ropes.  However we had become fast friends over this passing week.  Sana is a sweet and pretty looking girl, just being in her presence calms me... not just that but her name reminded me of home in a way. Apparently there were weird names in this world that I would have to get used to, though being Japanese originally, the strange names here, were far more like what I was used to than even my own. 

Asside from Sana, I had also become acquaintances with a few of the other younger maids within the manor.  Once our busy days were over, we all headed back to a large dorm room dedicated to the younger maids of the mansion, so I had gotten to know them more from there.  However, I was hoping that eventually I would come to befriend more of them soon... Back in my old life, I wasn't really able to make friends because of the illness I had.  In this world I wanted to do my best to befriend everyone.

"Phew... I wish they would let us open up some of these windows you know... it's so hot and stuffy lately..." Sana mentioned, wiping the sweat away from her brow as I looked over to her silently... before I then nodded in agreement, looking out the window to the rather downcast sky ahead of us.  It looked like the storm I had predicted a few days had in fact arrived, however it had decided it wasn't going to actually do anything when it got here, instead lingering over the land surrounding the manor house, ominously waiting to do something.  We hadn't gotten so much as a drop rain yet however and even the wind seemed eerily quiet.  Whatever was hanging over us was slowly building up, and doing it's best to become far larger than it originally was. As a result,  the air around the manor had become uncomfortably hot and stuffy,  whether you was inside the manor or out, a days work would leave you covered in sweat from head to toe in the end.  It didn't help that the manor was located in what appeared to be mostly flat lands mid country, so we didn't even have tide winds to cool us off.,.

"Geez,  can the weather hurry up and cool down, I cannot bear how hot it is!" Sana grumbled,  kneeling down in an overheated fashion. 
"It will eventually rain, so don't worry.  We'll have a big storm and it'll make the air nice and refreshing again!" I noted with a timid laugh as Sana took a deep breath... before she looked over to me curiously.
"Are you not hot Annie? You haven't even stopped to catch a breath yet..." Sana noted as I found myself a little reflective on this question.  To answer that, of course I was... however, to me, a little bit of heat fatigue was nothing in comparison to the the exhaustion I felt in my past life.  If anything it was easy to say that I was quite spirited.
"I guess I just deal with the heat better than others!" I replied with a small smile as Sana sighed a little.