Chapter 1.5: Facing the storm

Dearest mother and father in another world,

I'd like to let you know that your dearest daughter is doing perfectly fine in her new life!!

In fact I very thoroughly enjoy balancing a cup of water on my head for 5 hours without a break, who knew how fun that'd be!

Everything is going as great as you could possibly imagine someones new endeavours into a fantastical new world could go!

Such endeavours have included me pushing one of the guards over and then being fiercely chased all around the manor house, how exciting!!

I think that this is truly what it means to live your new life to the fullest!!

I can assure you that being told to keep a window dry by only blowing on it in a thunder storm, is NOT a waste of my time!

So dearest mother and father in another world, I want you to know that, I, Antoinette Silverston have no regrets whatsoever! Everything in my life is going rosy!!

About as Rosy as horse manure that is...

I hadn't even gotten half way through this week of hell I had been forced to endure and already I was on my last legs. That kid... for someone so young he could come up with some creatively twisted ways to punish a person, couldn't he?? No wonder he grows up to become a tyrant- no I would argue that he already IS a tyrant, just his scale of terror is only on that of the manor house at this moment....

By the end of each day, I found myself completely becoming one with my bed. I was hoping if I face planted the covers hard enough, I'd just disappear into nothingness for a bit. It'd be great if everyone could just forget that I even existed in all honesty... Tell me why I ever decided to take on that Prince for all his challenges, maybe his tasks would have been easier otherwise... I pondered this to myself every time I fell to sleep night... and inevitably come the morning time too, when I was without fail being summoned. Rest seemed like a luxury to me at the moment...

Alas came the incessant chiming if the unremovable bracelet on my hand as I gave a stiff expression to it that morning, watching the bell move on my wrist. What time was it? Seven in the morning, odd he never usually rings this early... I groggily sat up in my bed, yawning to myself and stetching out my arms... My eyes drifted to the large glass door leading to the balcony of the maids sleeping quarters, the sky still as dark and stormy as it had been most of the week, the storm outside raging on as though it was ranting about a ultimately trivial issue online... I frowned somewhat- Geez what was with the weather here?  It was a wonder the manor was still standing after the amount of lightning that had struck around us... I never knew storms could be this terrifying... Overall though I had become alarmingly used to it, maybe tempting fate with a metal pole will do that to you?  I creased my nose faintly, as I then looked to my right to see all the other maids grouped up into the opposite corner of the room, all of them glaring at me with wide eyed stares.  I blinked twice at them confused-
"Ehhh..." I uttered dryly to myself as Sana called over to me nervously.
"I'm sorry Annie, but we cannot risk dying with you if you explode!" Sana called over to me- Well hey, I'm glad you all have so much confidence in me survivng!!!
"Aren't you being a little over dramatic, it's not going to blow up right away..." I told them all flatly, not hiding my mild disappointment in their actions as Sana desperately shook her head to this statement.
"But it hasn't only just started ringing!!" Sana exclaimed as I raised an eyebrow to this. What was that. Sana pointed to her own wrist to mimic the bangle. "It's been ringing for a good twenty minutes now Annie!!" Sana shouted.

I never got the chance to ride a plane in my past life due to me being bedridden, so I had yet to experience the motion of flight... well arguably until just this moment, as the rate I ran down the hallway, desperately to the prince's room, you could say that was the closest to flying I was ever going to get. My uniform was considerably messier than what it usually was as I had jumped into it on my way out of the maid quarters and my hair was all over the place at this point. How long was it until this thing exploded after waiting for too long. I most definitely didn't want to learn through experience!! It wasn't like me to usually sleep past the time I was meant to, however, the bell had been activated oddly early this morning and in all honesty, due to all the pointless tasks I was made to do as well as my maid chores, I honestly was out of the count before the official time we had to wake up. What was so important that the prince needed me this early on in the day??